Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 7:55:14 PM EDT
I ordered some 15rounders from sportmans guide and just got them today. Major dissapointment haven
Brand new 15-rd. Mags! Don't settle for less. Body and base plate are blued steel. Imported. Order ONLINE today for the tactical edge!
$25.97
Club Price $23.37

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=133658

They do actually hold 15rds but won't even feed the first couple because of too much spring tension i think??Looks like the rounds are not angled up as much as stock browning mags. I looked all over them and the only marking I found was a small "J" on the back of one mag. Does anyone have any experience w/these? I can't id them well enough to know who made them apparently.
They have 2 witness holes on the back spine of the mag, shows a bullet on the 6th and 13th round, even though they actually hold 15. Maybe their modded 13 rounders?? On the front spine of the mag there are two drain holes about 1/4 inch from the top and bottom. Thanks in advance for any help!

Blackops_1.

p.s.- I did check the mother of all databases on mags and couldn't find them listed
btw...
http://www.ont.com/users/kolya/bhpmagfaq.htm

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Send 'em back and get your money back. Order some factory 13 rounders or something other than "no name" brand. As for "drop free"...the BHP has a magazine safety that generally precludes a mag from dropping freely if the safety is not either removed or at least polished well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah their definately going back, looking for some mec-gars now.

Anyone know where to get some, that are in stock?? May have to wait till the buying frenzy
cools off lol.

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I have heard of factory 30 rounders. Has anyone spotted any of
these since the ban expired? I bought some aftermarket 30's
from DK Mags, but they have failed to feed since the second time I
loaded them. I'm looking to build a race gun on my HP 9mm. I
need reliable mags. Let me now if you know anything!

Thanks,

Johnny C!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have heard of factory 30 rounders. Has anyone spotted any of
these since the ban expired? I bought some aftermarket 30's
from DK Mags, but they have failed to feed since the second time I
loaded them. I'm looking to build a race gun on my HP 9mm. I
need reliable mags. Let me now if you know anything!

Thanks,

Johnny C!

No thirty's yet but how about 20's try www.arizonagunrunners.net/Products/mecgar/mecgar.html

RC
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats why the magazine safety comes out. Then they drop free. As for magazines CDN Interprises. South African Steel 17 round steel magazines. I shoot them and have had absolutely no problems. The springs are a bit stiff in the beginning but loosen up a bit. That plus there $20.00!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top