Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 7:17:43 AM EDT
Who here packs their Browning with a round in the chamber? The Browning owners manual recommends the dropped hammer position whether there is a round in the chamber or not. Then in bold red letters it says DO NOT CARRY A ROUND IN THE CHAMBER. What do you folks do? Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have always been told that the half cock on a BHP is safer than hammer down.  I bought mine used and didnt have a manual.  The instructions in the manual should be the best.  Until i read something different I will use the half cock.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Venture, The Browning manual is very specific that you do not carry or store the gun in half cock mode. Strongly recommend you call them ASAP for a free manual for BHP 9MM. Their number is 801-876-2711. Also, Steven Camp has a BHP home page and he gives a lot of good info on the HP. He also sells a few books that friends highly recommend. I will get a few very soon myself. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Cocked and locked, there is another way?hock.gif
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#5]
The manual states that the Hi-Power should only be carried with an empty chamber and with the hammer down on that empty chamber.

Lawyerspeak for YOU CAN'T SUE US!!!!

Cocked and locked is fine...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top