Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2002 6:13:04 AM EDT
I am looking for good instructions for taking my HP completely a part.  I need to change out some pins.  I had a "friend" who wanted to look at my HP and see if he liked it enough to buy one.  I left it with him, first mistake, and he took it apart completely  Thank goodness he only dropped it once!  Putting some of the pins back in he used a really nice claw hammer to get them in nice and snug.  Oh my!  I have had this for about eighteen years and never a ding or scratch.  Now he wants to see my Bushy lower to see how that works.  I'm stupid only once.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#1]
www.browning.com/products/manuals/hipower/hipower.htm#disassembly
Ok there you go, how to take apart you browning HP, as far as the word you used, "completely" disassembly  is NOT recommended, IF necessary it should be done by a qualified gunsmith, maybe that's why your 'friend' had troubles when he tried to put it back together.
I hope that helped, Let me know if you need further info.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:48:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
He he I can take your Browning apart with NO instructions. I guarantee it.

It's the putting all the little pins and springs back together the same way they were in the beginning that I have a little problem with.

Exactly
HFA
OUT.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Hunter223.  This should fit the bill for the time being.  Just thinking about that makes me....angry.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks Hunter223.  This should fit the bill for the time being.  Just thinking about that makes me....angry.

NP
HFA
OUT
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I took one down once, to get refinished. Lucky I had a book to go by, even then it was a little tricky. Most damage to my guns are from merely showing them. One was dropped and many were scratched by pulling the slide back with magazine in the same hand, "engraving" the slide. One time, a mint 639 was "engraved" that way...he bought it. Anyway, a good book to have if you tinker a lot is "The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly" by J.B.Wood. If you want a specific manual on just one gun, Radocy sells booklets on just one model of firearm and is graphic. 1-800-356-4759 will hook you up. Joe also refinishes firearms. With friends like that, you need a book in stock! (or a gunsmith)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top