Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2004 8:04:07 PM EDT
I've  got a dealer who is interested in trading a new 9mm Browning Hi-Power for my Glock 22 that I purchased in 1994 and a few hi-cap mags.    I like my  Glock but  man that's a high power.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I own two Glocks (19 and 23) and two Hi Powers (a 9mm and .40).  If you want a single action pistol, the Hi Power is the way to go.  Just remove the magazine disconnect safety and shoot it alot to wear in the trigger and safety, the tend to be a bit stiff at first until the finish wears off of the moving parts.  No other pistol feels as good in the hand as a BHP as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The HP will be a much better shooter for you, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had my glock 23c for a few years now, just gota bhp practicle in 9mm. Put 570 rds thru the bhp in the last month and its doing great also. Only problem is the bhp just looks too sexy for daily carry.  I need to finda kydex iwb holster that has a flannel liner for this thing! Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
DO IT!

Do it and RUN! RUN!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#7]
A Hi Power is hard to beat.  My mid 80`s HP has 10K + rounds through it.  The only parts used have been spring kits.  Its a simple proven design that feels great in the hand.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the exact gun pictured. I bought it new in about 1992. I love it, it's my all time favorite pistol. NOTHING has the feel and balance of a HP.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I own two Glocks (19 and 23) and two Hi Powers (a 9mm and .40).  If you want a single action pistol, the Hi Power is the way to go.  Just remove the magazine disconnect safety and shoot it alot to wear in the trigger and safety, the tend to be a bit stiff at first until the finish wears off of the moving parts.  No other pistol feels as good in the hand as a BHP as far as I'm concerned.

AMEN!!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I too have have a practical like the one pictured.  Only with adjustable sights.  I bought it slightly used in '97 and it has run flawlessly since the day I bought it.  I prefer it over any of my other handguns.  I have found it to fit my hand better with the rear pachmyr strip removed from the grip.  I also think it looks better with more stainless showing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top