Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2002 10:04:18 PM EDT
After two weeks, Kel-Tec shipped me an entirely new gun (See previous posts for background on my barrel problem). The first thing I did was shine a light down the barrel and take a magnifying glass to it. I didn't like what I saw. It obviously hadn't been cleaned after the test firing, there were little black chunks of debris down the whole barrel... so I ran a dry brush through it 3 times, ran a Hoppes #9 soaked patch with a jag followed by 30 or more dry patches with a jag... none of which came out totally clean... then I looked again. To see the results, check out the pic I posted at: http://www.primelink1.net/~nolan/barrel/barrel.html. What I saw is what I'd expect to see in a civil war relic... not a brand new gun. The texture and roughness you see is in the metal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top