Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 2:28:27 AM EDT
My new P3AT has a bore that seems to be pitted, definitely not smooth. I wonder if anyone else has seen this and how they resolved it. KelTec has a good reputation for repairs but before I send it off for warantee work has anyone else seen this in their gun?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:48:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Did it come like that? did you buy it new or used?
Were you useing some suspect ammo that could have been corrosive?
Not like some pitting will have much concern to the uses of this type of gun but it isn't something one likes to see.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did it come like that? did you buy it new or used?
Were you useing some suspect ammo that could have been corrosive?
Not like some pitting will have much concern to the uses of this type of gun but it isn't something one likes to see.

This gun is new as of two weeks ago. Purchased from a dealer...largest in CT. The gun was new in the box and only 50 rounds have been fired through it to test it for accuracy and function. No corrosive or surplus ammo, R-P ball ammo. The pitting was there when I cleaned the bore before firing for the first time but I figured it might simply be tarnish of some sort from washing after machining. after firing I cleaned it again and the pitting was more pronounced.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#3]
When i got my pf9 the barrel looked odd, mine went away after cleaning
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top