Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 2:38:30 PM EDT
just picked it up this afternoon.  i shot 4 mags thru it - 28 rnds.  it failed to feed once and failed to strip a round off the mag once, both in the first mag.  next 3 mags went bang all 7 times each.  the only firearm i have fired that never failed on the first mag was my AR.  i figure its breaking in.  any suggestions on carry ammo?  all i purchased initially ws cheap FMJ stuff.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a few failures with my P32 in the first hundred rounds, but it has worked very well since then.

I tried CorBon ammo, but I really had a lot of failures with it....mostly because of the short overall length of the round, I think. Under recoil, the rim of the second round in the magazine would move forward under the rim of the top round and cause a FTF. I finally went to Hornady 60gr. XTP hollowpoints. They aren't as hot as the CorBons, but they work much better in my gun. I heard that Speer now has a Gold Dot in .32 ACP, but I haven't seen any yet. That might be a good round to try....
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been using Hydra-shok and Gold Dot. Both have performed perfect. Good luck with the new .32. Mine has been perfect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top