Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:48:53 PM EDT
I have heard of a few accounts of Kel Tec guns going kaboom, but it has always been an ammo issue.  Kel tec has always been above top notch in their response too.  I will be buying my second kel tec this week because of their outstanding customer service, and how they take care of their customers.

Have any KT guns gone boom as a result of a defect in the gun?  I have not heard one account of a defective KT going boom, and was wondering if there are any out there?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not aware of any.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
These are the ones I have read of - all ammo related:

-P-3AT due to squib load (Wolf) (gun destroyed due to barrel obstruction on next round)
-P-3AT due to probable overpressure ammo (MagSafe)
-P-3AT due to probable overpressure ammo (MagSafe) (second gun, stickied above)
-PLR-16 due to likely overcharged ammo (Winchester/USA White Box) (described in this forum)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top