User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2005 3:28:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#1]
got mine yesterday
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
What distributors have them and how much are they going for?

I think I need/want one with the hand guard.......
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
got mine yesterdayi20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/taverndog/guns/plr-16/100_1370.jpg

please elaborate....
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
got mine yesterdayi20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/taverndog/guns/plr-16/100_1370.jpg

Let's see a range report.

Enjoy, it looks like it should be fun.

CD
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I paid $469.00 for it at the gunshow this past weekend havent shot it yet will be getting he handguard rail after the new year they wll be selling those for  $45.00
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I paid $469.00 for it at the gunshow this past weekend havent shot it yet will be getting he handguard rail after the new year they wll be selling those for  $45.00

Translation:

"How do you keep an asshole in suspense?"

$469 sounds like a steal.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
From the thread over in ar15 pistols.

Here is my report for the first time shooting the PLR-16.

I shot it indoors at a nice range, had to use one of the two rifle lanes.

Very loud, the guy next to me said to his son a couple of times, "That is a loud gun he is shooting".

I let his son, about 16, rattle off ten rounds, no problems and the boy loved the gun and sight.

But back to my shooting, I had two loaded 30rd mags and some loose ammo. The first mag went in and the bolt did not fully close. I pushed it foreard and fired the pistol, the next several rounds worked fine. This happened a couple of times. Of the 80 rounds I fired maybe three failures to fully close when using GI mags. This happened at first, during most of the last rounds no problems.

The real big problem was using the factory mag, it jammed almost every round with a failure to feed/close.

One thing I really miss on the pistol is a manual, externally operated bolt hold open control.

As for accuracy, this pistol shoot pretty well, was not unhappy with that.

All in all, it did okay for a new gun, needs to be broke in. The guy next to me was shooting an AR, he was have ejection problems with his rifle.

PeaceKeeper2
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!! oooohhh, i want one!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What distributors have them and how much are they going for?

I think I need/want one with the hand guard.......

$500 from Impact Guns, but you should be able to find it for less.

ETA: I now have one on order from a local gun store.  They're charging me $465, plus tax.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I paid $500 out the door for mine.  My serial number is low and kind of neat, it is P006x.  It has poo in the serial number, for a SHTF weapon I thought that was funny.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:17:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
One thing I really miss on the pistol is a manual, externally operated bolt hold open control.
PeaceKeeper2

If your PL-16 is anything like my Kel-Tec SU-16CA, it does have a manual bolt stop to keep the bolt locked back. Looking at the photos on this thread it appears to have one as well unless it is made to be non-functioning on this model. Look at the little square button just behind the magazine. Pull the bolt back and then push this button. Continue holding down the button and then release the bolt. Unless Kel-Tec made this non-functioning, this should hold your bolt open.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:22:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I figured that was the mag release?

Quoted:

Quoted:
PeaceKeeper2

If your PL-16 is anything like my Kel-Tec SU-16CA, it does have a manual bolt stop to keep the bolt locked back. Looking at the photos on this thread it appears to have one as well unless it is made to be non-functioning on this model. Look at the little square button just behind the magazine. Pull the bolt back and then push this button. Continue holding down the button and then release the bolt. Unless Kel-Tec made this non-functioning, this should hold your bolt.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Not the square button on the side of the pistol, the square button on the bottom next to the magazine. See photo.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Oooooooh.  I stand educated!

Quoted:
Not the square button on the side of the pistol, the square button on the botton next to the magazine. See photo.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Saw a couple of them for sale at the Eastman show in Marietta, GA this weekend.  They were asking $449 for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top