Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 8:09:12 AM EDT
I have a P3AT and I am having problems with FTEject.  I had no problems with the 1st 50 or so shots but now on every shot the slide moves back but does not pull the case out and then sticks back on the edge of the next round.  There is a mark from the extractor trying to pull it out but it is like the tension from the mag is not letting the round come out or the extractor is not getting a good hold of it when pulling.  It only happens when shooting if I cycle it by hand I have no problem.  I have two mags and it does the same thing with both...  Can anybody help?  Any others having this problem or have a solution?  I ran out of ammo the last time I shot so I did not mess with it for so long so maybe ( I hope) it will just fix itself.  It is the type 2 extractor btw and I will take pictures the next time I go to the range if possable.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Hand cycling the slide is much slower than the recoil operation of the slide. This may be why you can work it that way.
As far as extraction goes, you more than likely have a weak or broken extractor.

The good news is KT will fix it, no questions asked and for free. Give'em a call.

You can also check out the KT Owners Group website.

KTOG
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The good news is KT will fix it, no questions asked and for free. Give'em a call.

The bad news is that it is new and I should not have to send it to them to have it fixed, but I know what you mean, I am just pissed that I have to send my new gun in to be fixed
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The p3at's are known for having issues, especially when new.  KT will fix anything you need on that gun and it should work 100% after that.  

Mine had quite a few issues until I got a little more than 300 rounds through it, then it worked pretty good after that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an old P3 that works great.   it has an ejector like a real gun.
I just ordered another one and it has a sheet metal spring ,one piece ejector that screws up all the time.  this new gun sucks!!!!!!!!!
I just sent it back $30 shipping , and I hope to hell they put the old style slide on this gun.

It is a POS like it is!

I will post the outcome  from Kel-tec
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:57:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine is the new one too, and after a trip to the range again the thing still does not f'n work so mine is going back too, when I get time that is...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I've only had a few FTF with my P3AT, but my real complaint is the trigger/guard - my finger has a hard time fitting into the open space. I don't have the problem with the P32, just the P3AT, it's like there isn't enough room. I should probably sell it, or try the 2nd generation P3AT.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I should probably sell it, or try the 2nd generation P3AT.

I would keep the 1st Gen, all the problems are coming from the 2nd Gen...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top