Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 10:57:57 AM EDT
Took my new Kel Tec P-3AT to the range today and was very happy with the results. I picked it up this week and did a quick Fluff and Buff as discribed here http://ktog.org/tecwerks12a.htm
I also worked the action by hand probably 100 times or so through the week waiting to get a chance to go shoot. I only tested it with ball ammo today but results were great! No malfunctions out of the whole box and accuracy was very good from both 9 and 12 feet. I know that is not far but for a pocket gun that will only be used in a no options defense situation I feel that distance is about right. At that distance I could shoot fist sized groups. Someone who is a better handgun shooter could probably do much better as I am not a very good handgun shooter.

As for comfort of shooting such a small piece, I always wear shooting gloves and with them I could have shot all day with no discomfort. Without them I shot one mag full and while not uncomfortable I did feel some slap and would not want to practice much without the gloves on.

Now I know many don't feel a .380 is enough gun or that these small cheap handguns are dependable enough to trust ones life to. However I believe any gun is better than no gun and many of us just don't feel we can carry a larger or heavier piece at all times. I also feel better when I have my Glock 23 but fact is that for me I can seldom carry it in my daily activitys. The P-3AT is about the same size and weight as my wallet and is hardly noticable when in a pocket while I am working. That is important to me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to fix the title.  What ammo did you use?  I used the Russian stuff(Silver Bear, I think) and had FTEs.  Kel-Tec says to use USA ammo.  I just bought 100 rds of WWB, and will give that a try tomorrow.  It has fed HPs fine, so I think the gun is fine, it was just the rusky ammo.  Find out tomorrow.  It will be a nice pocket gun when I get it straight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top