Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2005 10:31:08 PM EDT
I looked at a model 11 , 9mm today . I liked it but am wondering are they any good ? I've not really ever heard of them . The rear sight was missing? BUT on the reviews it said that the sights were plastic.... Anyway I've E-mailed Kel Tec to see about replacement sights and mags . Alot of reviews mentioned "Break in" (jamming issuses)Is this common w them ? Thanks for any info RL
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
yes and no.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Get about 250 rnds in them and they are flawless.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#3]
My P-11 was flawless from day one. No problems at all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I loved mine when I had it. I was surprisingly accurate. The quality differs slightly from one to the next. Mine did need a bit of polishing (feed ramp, some burrs on the slide, little rough machining)
That being said. the only thing about it that I didnt like was the magazines rattle a bit when full.
I reccomend them. Just beware of limp wristing, and they have pretty stout recoil.
Don't pay more then $220 for one.
YMMV
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all . They got $149 on it . maybe I'll just put it on layaway . Is there a way to tell about when the new trigger springs were introed , on KT site they talk about night sights and ways to slickem up . Never had a DAO...... Are ALL mags 10rds are they avilable ? Thats a damn small gun for 11 rds
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, I think the new mags are 12 rds.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#7]
it will take any s&w 59 or 69 series mags.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I've used my P11 since '97 as my back-up gun with-out trouble at all. Check the Kel-Tec owner's group forum, you'll find lots of info there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My P-11 was flawless from day one. No problems at all.

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I went back and looked it agian . Is it normal for the plastic spring guide to point nearly straight up towards the barrel when the slide is back ? Kel tek said new rear sight .50 OR nightsights for $80 , Belt clip $13 , mags $20 each .  I found another candidate a little more convetional Astra A100 9mm Hi cap . It fit my hand very well . 17 rds mag DA . And Megar makes Hi cap mags . I ve got a A75 9mm that is very nice . Then I found a Tarruis 92 clone , I liked that one too .???????

I am thinking that A100
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#12]
ONE last ? has anyone shot Mil Surp 9mm thru it ? (#11) Wolf ? US NATO 9mm ?

Does that "little tiny hammer" set off hard primes reliably ?
Thanks agian RL
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks all . They got $149 on it . maybe I'll just put it on layaway . here , on KT site they talk about night sights and ways to slickem up . Never had a DAO...... Are ALL mags 10rds are they avilable ? Thats a damn small gun for 11 rdsh.gif

I think the new triggers were introduced a four to five years ago.  If you're buying a new one, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

As far as reliability, mine had about ten failures to feed during the first 200-300 rounds, mostly with FMJs (I should have done a better job at keeping records).  I should mention that about half of them occurred in the same day, so it was either me, or that lot of ammunition.  I have put a few hundred rounds through it since the last malfunction and had no more problems.  

The main reason why I like it, is its size.  It conceals really well; especially when in summer clothing.  Higher capacity magazines could take away from its main purpose: CCW pistol.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I bought the #11 $149 . And then I noticed a minty S&W # 19 4"  in the counter that just came "out "$219 bucks . SSsssooooo I put it on lay away ! whoowhoohoohoo . As I was going to Sportsman Wharehouse to get some 9mm for the Kel Tec...............$133 dollars later , 4 boxes of ammo . And ALL the dies (carbide), shell holder , two differant weight bullets , Brass , Ect. for the new .357mag .  With S&W Discontinuing the K frame I thought it would be a good investment .

I finally got to my range and put 250+ rds thru the Kel Tec .
Federal 147 grain caused the slide to lock back twice . I think I limp wristed it had two stove pipes and a light pin strike on Wolf which went on the second pull of the trigger.

Winchester Nato ran fine , Winchester 115 HP ran fine , Independence 115 gr (new to me) ran fine . Olympic 124gr ran fine , also Hotshot 124gr was fine and even some old handloads 115 gn lead RN which shot fine . The only issuses were with Wolf and American Eagle (Federal) 147grians . SO Im a happy camper . Toward the end the last 3-4 rds in mag were a bugger to pull the trigger . It is the old heavier trigger spring not the new light one . My finger was tired and thumbs sore from loading the dang mag about a billion times . New mags at KelTec $20

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#15]
sounds good- if you haven't done so already you need to put the hogue "handall junior" grip sleeve on there.  mine has functioned flawlessly- it's my carry gun most of the time.  black hills 124 grain +P.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top