Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2012 5:56:35 AM EDT
Pmr is on its way. Has anyone figured out a mag loader that will work on these? I also want a holster that will work with a burris fastfire mounted, doesn't have to be fancy, in fact I'd rather it wasn't, nylon is fine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The only mag loader available is the one God (and your parents) gave you. Read the magazine loading instructions in the manual carefully and follow them, it's not at all difficult to master.

I have seen no commercially available holsters that will accomodate any red-dot mounted on the PMR-30, but most 1911 pattern holsters fit the pistol just fine.

For ~ $30, there is a viable solution to your holster question, but it will require some work on your part. Check HERE for the complete description and instructions. This is how I'm doing mine (with the Fastfire II mounted).

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked up my pmr thur night from my ffl . Mounted a fastfire II on this morn and headed to the range. Took along 9 boxes of ammo, came home with 125 rds left , this thing is a blast to shoot. I brought every different type of shell I could find locally, CCI, Hornady, Rem., 30gr - 50gr, FMJ(or total metal jacket as it was called on the box), SP, HP, HP+V, V-max.
This is an early production pmr and was originally purchased in 2010, it has the fluted barrel. Most ammo functioned flawlessly, seemed to like CCI (any round type) the best. 40gr rounds gave the best accuracy and fed perfectly. The Remington 50gr shells were terrible, wouldn't feed in the mag, or up the ramp.
The fastfire is a thing of beauty, I've tried lasers and they were hard to pick up at distance in daylight, and moved around way too much when sighting in. The fastfire is a great solution for me.
From my original post; I did find a holster that isn't quite perfect but works fine for the range and woods. Its a Bulldog brand nylon ambi belt holster, fitted for the 1911. It will hold the pmr and mounted FF, its got a strap to secure it across the back of the slide or grip, $15 @ cabelas. When holstering The FF will catch and force the slide back so be aware of this, like I said its not perfect but it'll do for now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 1:51:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I just read a post on KTOG.org that somebody is now offering a PMR 30 mag loader. No details were included other than the name of it: Turtlecreek UniversalPMR30 Loading Tool.

A Google search turned up no further information and no source to buy from. The post was made by the builder (or so it seemed) and was his first post as a KTOG member. Unfortunately, that is all the info that came up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top