Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2011 5:08:01 PM EDT
I bought a Kel Tec PF-9 Saturday for my 21st b-day, and after all the bad reviews on here and elsewhere I expected the worst.

I apparently got a good one, I put 200 rounds of PMC 124 gr. 9mm FMJ's through it with 0 problems,

Then after that I put another 50 rounds of Golden Saber 124 gr. JHP's through it without a hitch.

The recoil isn't nearly as bad as everyone claims, my only gripe with the gun is that it pinches the hell out of my finger when the trigger resets.

The sights were dead on at 7 yards but I kept hitting 4'' high at 15  yards, not sure if it was me or the gun but it was probably me considering Saturday was the first time I had shot a handgun

It was easy to keep the shots within 2'' of each other at 7 yards, and the gun

completely disappears in my front pocket, I kept forgetting I had it on me when I was shooting the XDM 45 I picked up that day too.

I love this little gun, now I just have to get my CCL so I can start carrying it around.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked one up Saturday, I have to agree the recoil isn't nearly as bad as told. Snappy yes but still.its perfect for hot summers or when on the bike.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
My uncle, dad, and myself had no problems with the recoil.
My youngest brother is 18 and has a slight build, and he said it jarred his forearms to shoot it.
I guess it just depends on how much meat you've got on you
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
after thought, I shot some gold dot +p without the finger extension...........damn
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bought a Kel Tec PF-9 Saturday for my 21st b-day, and after all the bad reviews on here and elsewhere I expected the worst.

I apparently got a good one, I put 200 rounds of PMC 124 gr. 9mm FMJ's through it with 0 problems,

Then after that I put another 50 rounds of Golden Saber 124 gr. JHP's through it without a hitch.

The recoil isn't nearly as bad as everyone claims, my only gripe with the gun is that it pinches the hell out of my finger when the trigger resets.

The sights were dead on at 7 yards but I kept hitting 4'' high at 15  yards, not sure if it was me or the gun but it was probably me considering Saturday was the first time I had shot a handgun

completely disappears in my front pocket, I kept forgetting I had it on me when I was shooting the XDM 45 I picked up that day too.

I love this little gun, now I just have to get my CCL so I can start carrying it around.
http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/tnp357/DSC00046.jpg

I had the same experience.  A bit of buyers remorse after reading some negative comments.  Then it functioned flawlessly at the range with a variety of ammunition and what was intened as my summer carry may become my everyday carry gun.  Recoil is sharp but hardly unmanagable...a welcome reminder that I'm not shooting a .380.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/tnp357/DSC00046.jpg

I had the same experience.  A bit of buyers remorse after reading some negative comments.  Then it functioned flawlessly at the range with a variety of ammunition and what was intened as my summer carry may become my everyday carry gun.  Recoil is sharp but hardly unmanagable...a welcome reminder that I'm not shooting a .380.

Agreed, I like the "jump"
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:35:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I shot one yesterday.  I guess I am just not used to the recoil.  When through 4 magazine full (6 rounds each, couldn't put 7th in the mag).
The web of my right hand started to hurt pretty bad (especially the base of my thumb).  The last mag, I think I flinched couple of time.

The trigger is quite nice actually for a double action only.  
Accuracy was not bad either.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top