Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2010 1:07:11 AM EDT
This will be my very first CZ. I'll be getting mine next week and would like to upgrade the trigger set-up. It will be my primary CCW and range gun, I would like the DA/SA pull lighten up, about 5-7lbs on DA & 2.5-3lbs on SA. Are there any parts upgrade available online. And what are those parts, any inputs will be great? TIA!:)
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 2:00:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Send it to CZ CUSTOM.
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 2:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm from the PI btw
Link Posted: 5/14/2010 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Wow, I didn't even look at your country of origin. Sorry. I'm not sure if czcustom can export parts but they're gtg. To be honest, since it's a carry gun i'd keep it stock.

Link Posted: 5/14/2010 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I've read that replacing the main spring and hammer would lighten up the trigger pull and just even with lots of firing and dry fire the stock trigger would just lighten up, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I put a 13lbs hammer spring in my SP01. It made a big difference in both the DA and SA pull. The gun is other wise stock.
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Where can I get those 13lb main spring? I've only seen the 15lb spring at czcustom, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Fire it a lot. My CZ P-01 lightened up a lot since I first got it new. My wife wouldn't even shoot it, now she shoots it like a champ. There is now over 2000 rnds on it and keeps getting better and better.
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#8]
CZ customs sells 13# mainsprings (at least as of right now) just installed one today.  Otherwise, unless you want the weapon to go to a gunsmith, I'd say a competition SA/DA hammer and the mainspring are your best bets

check out this youtube video for info on CZ upgrades:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49eG3uq4QWs
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I got light strikes with a 13lb hammer spring. I use the 15.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#10]
the light strike problem depends somewhat on the ammo you shoot....buying a few springs (at 13 and 15) and testing em out is a good idea...they are only like 5$ a piece...
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#11]
GT, how's the trigger pull of the Tactical compared to a Shadow, considering the mainspring and recoil spring is already changed to a lighter one/ Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Check out CZ forum, they have some good tutorials,  and the CZ custom web site, for the parts.  It is not to hard, you will need some punches and small files. It is mostly swapping parts.  One of the tutorials advises putting the gun in a clear plastic bag before knocking the pins out,  I thought they were kidding.  They are not, there are a lot of little parts that go flying all over, be careful.

I got an SPO1, and installed the SA hammer and straight trigger with  over/under travel adjustment, and removed  firing pin block, lifter and spring.  The trigger is tremendous, light with short reset.  I only use it for competition though, as it is very lite.  And I modified it to much for production in uspsa, but it is great for "outlaw 3 gun" with no major/minor for pistol.

A much easier mod is to use a reduced power main spring, a fairly easy part swap. You can also use an abrasive whiting toothpaste , mixed with some oil, applied to the parts that move against each other when pulling the trigger, than safely dry fire it alot, this will speed up break in and smooth things up a bit. Than of course clean the mild abrasive out, and test fire "alot", to make sure you will not get light strikes.

I also used the reduced power main spring and have about 500 rounds through the gun with out issue.

good luck shoot safe
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:50:01 AM EDT
[#13]
GunFrog, a friend also suggested the whitening toothpaste w/baking soda technique to smooth out the internals:) My question is do I have to disassemble the parts totally, or just spread the paste on the moving parts? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I wouldn't use the toothpaste method unless you plan to completely disassemble the gun afterwards and scrub every nook and cranny to get it out.

I changed my mainspring to a 13 pound version and stoned the sear engagement surfaces. In retrospect, I should have ordered a competition hammer and sear.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#15]
My incoming Australian model Shadow will have the 13lb main spring, 11lb recoil spring and competition hammer, will post pics soon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top