Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:06:03 PM EDT
Since buying my CZ-75B a few months ago, I have had a recurring and somewhat annoying problem with it.  It was disappointing, as this was my first CZ, and they seem to have an excellent reputation for reliability.  Anyway, the issue was with premature slide-lock.  Slide would lock back with rounds still in the mag.  Tried a few different mags, and some different ammo as well, no luck.  This would happen 3-5 times for every 50rds or so.  I determined that the rounds were contacting the slide stop, and pushing it up.  I lightly dremeled the slide stop slightly and thought the issue would be solved, but I kept having to go back and take more off.  Well today I had zero issues, so I think it should be good.  I had also ordered a spare slide stop from CZCustom, and I noticed it is a good bit shorter than the one that was in my gun.  I'm guessing they redesigned it at some point.

Obligatory pic:
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
oops

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Mike, good to hear that you did get it fixed.  That is a new one on me though, and it looks just like mine.. :)

-Corn
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the year of manufacture? Over the last few years CZ has changed slide stops, extractors, and slide stop springs.

I had a similar problem. After changing the slide stock and spring to the new design the problem went away.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It was made in 2006, but I just bought it recently

Quoted:
What is the year of manufacture? Over the last few years CZ has changed slide stops, extractors, and slide stop springs.

I had a similar problem. After changing the slide stock and spring to the new design the problem went away.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]
My year 99 75BD did the exact same thing.  I also took a stone to the slide stop and kept removing material till it stopped.  I recently purchased a PCR from CZ customs and had the trigger job done and I noticed that they did the same thing to the slide stop.  I asked and they said something about the premature slide lock with heavier (longer) bullet weights.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting.  Now that I think about it, I was using mostly 124gr ammo, both HP and FMJ.  I wonder if it would have worked with 115gr.  Well at least I'm not the only one with this issue
Quoted:
My year 99 75BD did the exact same thing.  I also took a stone to the slide stop and kept removing material till it stopped.  I recently purchased a PCR from CZ customs and had the trigger job done and I noticed that they did the same thing to the slide stop.  I asked and they said something about the premature slide lock with heavier (longer) bullet weights.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top