Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 6:40:57 PM EDT
I bought a CZ-83 from W-W a coulpe weeks ago and finally got it to the range to try it out.  This is one cool gun.  It shoots great, and recoil is not bad.  Fed hollwpoints fine as well.  The 9mm Mak CZ-83 has polygonal rifling.  Other than that it's the same as the .380.

I tried Wolf, S&B and Hornady JHPs.  The Wolf (109gr) kicked more and left a bigger group.  The S&B and the Hornady shot to the same point of aim and had about the same kick.  The Hornady actually was the best performer.  I didn't bother measuring groups, I was just after getting a couple hundred rounds out of the gun to see if it worked and if I hated it or anything.

I think I want to change grips, as the "thumbrest" protion of the stock plastic ones kinda bugged me shooting right handed, though left handed it didn't (they're an ambidexterous design, but I think I was just gripping it differently with my left hand).  Anyway, they felt OK, but just not perfect.  The problem is there are no decent replacement grips other than the factory wood, which have the same profile.  Looks like I may try my first experiemnt in building my own grips.

The CZ-83 mags were 10rd, though in the 9mm Makrov the tenth is all but impossible to get in because the Mak is a hair wider, and it all ads up to basically a 9rd Mak mag.  Originally the gun carried 12rds, so I'm interested in finding some hi-caps for it now.  

Ross
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a CZ-83 in 380ACP some years ago, it was a nice little carry gun.  I sold it to a buddy and he still has it. In 9 Mak it should make a heck of a CCW gun, good size and power too boot.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top