Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:40:56 PM EDT
I have a CZ75 .40 S+W
Great gun, really accurate, very relliable.
The only issue I have is that the hammer seems to be crooked and after a few years of use I have noticed that from the hammer hitting to the left of the firing pin it has worn the left side of the firing pin hole. I called CZ a year ago to address this issue and they said it wasnt a problem. I was wondering, has anyone else had this problem? And do you think replacing the hammer with hoipefully a straiter one would do anything now,?
I mean will this hole get worse and worse? or is this not a funtional issue?
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a CZ75 .40 S+W
Great gun, really accurate, very relliable.
The only issue I have is that the hammer seems to be crooked and after a few years of use I have noticed that from the hammer hitting to the left of the firing pin it has worn the left side of the firing pin hole. I called CZ a year ago to address this issue and they said it wasnt a problem. I was wondering, has anyone else had this problem? And do you think replacing the hammer with hoipefully a straiter one would do anything now,?
I mean will this hole get worse and worse? or is this not a funtional issue?
Thanks

Got a photo?  How is the hammer that far over, but not far enough to hit the 'frame' of the slide, around the firing pin area?  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It is hitting the outside around the edges of the firing pin hole.
In other words it is chipping the edge of the firing pin hole. It still hits the firing pin and fires no problem but it seems like it is hitting too far in and to the left and "eating" away at the edge of the hole.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top