Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2008 8:53:38 PM EDT
I am definately getting a CZ over a glock because I love the feel of the gun, will be using it as my primary ccw, and I love the fact that it has a hammer.  Tell me more about your CZ and why you prefer it over other pistols!  TIA

~ISherman
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am definately getting a CZ over a glock because I love the feel of the gun, will be using it as my primary ccw, and I love the fact that it has a hammer.  Tell me more about your CZ and why you prefer it over other pistols!  TIA

~ISherman

i like my CZs cuz they fit my hand and they are accurate.  I have alot of other pistols too, but just love the feel/fit of the CZs.

you can get a lemon in anything,  nothings perfect and will never be.  you will have to get your gun and test fly it to see how it works/functions with the ammo you plan on carrying.

if you look at one of the other post, you will see that that particular individual and gun had problems with al case blazers.  

now heres my take on the CZ.  ITS A SERVICE PISTOL MADE FOR THE MILITARY.  So that means its made/designed to feed FMJs.   HOwever, if CZ has throated them to feed HPs then its great and im sure they have to some point.  Ive run SOME HPs thru my CZs and found that all of the HPS fed properly.  But i didnt run hundreds/thousands thru them, just a mag or 2.  So, since this is your CCW, i would strongly recommend you buy alot of whatever fodder you plan on using and do some serious testing or at least until you get that warm and fuzzy feeling.

edit;

btw.  IIRC, my SP01 and PO1 didnt like cci al case blazers too.  at least for breaking in.  i used some bulk 115 FMJ and both ate it w/o any problems.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2008 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#2]
With the feed ramp Mine has i would surprised if it had any feeding issues
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm the guy whose CZ-75 wouldn't run aluminum cased ammo. I asked around on CZForum and they said it's not unusual. Apparently swapping out the factory extractor spring for a higher powered one fixes the problem.

I have two CZs: CZ-75BD and P-01. I like both pistols a lot. I've only shot FMJ out of them so far. As noted, the 75 doesn't like aluminum cases. I'm still not to the point where I trust them 100% (mainly because of that issue). However, I'd definitely consider purchasing more CZs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2008 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm the guy whose CZ-75 wouldn't run aluminum cased ammo. I asked around on CZForum and they said it's not unusual. Apparently swapping out the factory extractor spring for a higher powered one fixes the problem.

I have two CZs: CZ-75BD and P-01. I like both pistols a lot. I've only shot FMJ out of them so far. As noted, the 75 doesn't like aluminum cases. I'm still not to the point where I trust them 100% (mainly because of that issue). However, I'd definitely consider purchasing more CZs.

Ive had some failures too with al case blazers.  but i feel comfortable with my CZs as long as its brass case FMJ ammo.  I havent had ANY problems with brass cased FMJ ammo, factory or reloads.

Link Posted: 3/30/2008 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
My CZ P-01 is by far my favorite pistol,it feels great in my hand & is super accurate.I consistantly outshoot my buddy,he's a Glock nut,it doesn't matter what model he put up against me 17/19/26,I spank him every time.

I shoot mostly Rem UMC ammo,but have shot S&B,Wolf & some 9mm NATO ammo that I got from Ammoman a while back.No problems with any of it but none of those were HP's.

The CZ SP-01 will be my next handgun purchase.
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#6]
CCI Aluminum cased FMJ is the ONLY ammo I have ever had problems with in my CZ-75.  Everything else has been flawless.

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 1:27:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I took it out of the box, cleaned it and went to the range.  Shot a couple hundred rounds without any problems.  I can't remember a single malfunction in over a thousand rounds so far.

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I like all the 75s - from the Bren 10 to the new Armalite AR-24 to the Springfield Armory P9s to the Colt Z-40.

There is a good REASON there are so many 75s - because its a GREAT design!
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Absolutely flawless.  Accurate, no malfunctions so far in approximately 1500 rounds.  My OD CZ P-01 is the best pistol I've owned so far.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Dec 7th, 2006 got a new CZ 75 SPO1 Tactical. Have 2600 rounds thru it now.
Had a few jams with Rem-UMC 115gr JHP then I got a weaker recoil spring from Matt Mink and havn't had a jam of any kind since. I've tried Blazer Brass and Aluminum, Wolf 115 and 124 gr. FMJ, Rem-UMC 115gr. FMJ, 124gr+P Gold Dot JHP, WWB and some rather short OAL 105gr. handloads and havn't had any stoppages since the swapping the recoil spring.
It will need a trigger job as I cannot live with the camming.
I can shoot this pistol all day with no discomforts or fatigu.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#11]
My CZ82 has been flawless for me. It just does everything well for me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Flawless. Zero malfunctions. I mainly shoot Winchester White Box but I have put a variety of defensive ammo through it too with no problems.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had two CZ75Bs that were flawless (now only have one).  My CZ82 has maybe 200 rounds through it and has jammed on Silver Bear HP ammo, which is kinda frustrating.  The gun looks brand new so hopefully it just needs some break in.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Let's see.

CZ-75 Pre-B. Great, few failures. Crappy DA trigger.
CZ-75B. Great, not very good with Blazer.
CZ-75 Compact. Went back twice to feed Speer GDHP reliably.
CZ Brunner Mod. Z. Won't make it through a magazine without at least two jams, two FTFeed, one FTE, and one FTFire.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#15]
As long as you stick to the 9mm caliber, CZs generally work very well.

I have a CZ75BD PCR Compact, of the type issued to the Czech National Police.  I sold my Glock 17 to get it.  The ergonomics are light years better than my Glock's.  It has proven to be very accurate and so far has functioned well with any 9mm, ball or hollow point, that I have tried in it.

I will be purchasing a full size 75 in 9mm soon.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I had a couple FTF in the first couple hundred rounds.  After it was broken it, I have had no problems.  However I have only shot reloads and WWB in it.

I think I am going to sell mine.  Its a nice gun, but I prefer G19s.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Runs great:

Link Posted: 4/12/2008 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#18]
My CZ52 is the best $129 I ever spent.

Mags could be better, but I "fixed" them and now they are 100%
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I picked this P01 up a few weeks ago. Put 200 rounds of wwb through her the first day with no troubles at all. After dealing with the "cocked and locked" scenario for as long as I have, it is a pleasure to have the DA/SA set-up for all the obvious reasons. The firearm really fits my hand better than any other handgun I have held. The quality of the P01 is what you would expect from a company that has been making military firearms for as long as they have.

Shoots real nice too. I never thought I would get all worked up over a 9mm (I am a old .45 enthusiast) but this pistol  really is something. I am already considering getting another.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:12:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought a 75 B 2 weeks ago, have not had time to fire it yet though. Will post when I do.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:00:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#22]
CZ-75
CZ-75B
CZ-52

Have only fired the B.

It has been flawless.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine is 100%

No FTF or FTE's.  The finish is really durable, but the sights are a little small for my taste.

But it is VERY accurate!

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I have had my CZ 75B for about 5 years now and it has never failed.  I have over 2000 rounds through it.  I use both factory magazines and Mecgar mags.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Since you didn't mention a model number

WWII CZ27 in .32 ACP 100% reliable with ball

CZ50 in .32 ACP (5 over the years, all 1950-52 produced) 100% reliable with ball, JHPs not as 100% (but wasn't designed for it) and heavy DA trigger.

CZ75 in 9x19mm (4 over the years all made between 82-87) 100% reliable with ball, JHPs and reloads, generally carry Cocked and Locked but smooth DA triggers

CZ83 in .380 ACP (only 1 made in 86' still have it) 100% reliable with ball, JHPs and reloads.  Loading last few rounds in mag are stiff.

CZ85 in 9x19mm (only 1 made in 87') 100% reliable with ball, JHPs and reloads.  Early on trigger pin would start backing out (fixed, parkerized and had night sights installed)  Very smooth DA trigger.

Currently have a few CZ 50/70s and 75 in the weapons locker here in Iraq.  I wouldn't heistate to carry or use any of them if needed.

CD
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#26]
What kinda round counts is everyone talking ablout when they say flawless anything under 2,000 I would not count yet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#27]
My flawless streak came to an end on Friday. One of my magazines would malfunction after 3 or 4 rounds. The follower would tilt forward and the bullet would nose down resulting in a FTF. I cleaned the mag and applies some lube at the range, but it still didn't work.
Link Posted: 4/21/2008 1:38:56 AM EDT
[#28]
I talked about my 75 earlier, but I also have the 52 and 82.  

The 52 shoots great, but not real accurate from the bench.  Snap shooting though is uncannily accurate.    Throws brass about as far as the bullet.  I have just started to load this round (7.62X25) and it's a pain in the ass.  I'm trying some 30 Carbine bullets now and they are looking like good plinkers.

I have maybe 500 rounds through my 82 (9X18 Mak).  It was OK with Wolf, but really likes my handloads crafted from 9X19 brass.  I don't think it's has ever malfunctioned for me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2008 1:40:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
What kinda round counts is everyone talking ablout when they say flawless anything under 2,000 I would not count yet.

I have between 1 and 1.5K through my 75 over the last couple of years and it hasn't malfunctioned.
Link Posted: 4/21/2008 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a CZ75b Tactical. I love it, and it is one of my favorite pistols. Great ergonomics, especially with the Tactical's rubber grips. SA trigger pull is pretty nice, and the mild recoil of 9mm in an all steel pistol is very pleasant.

The only failure I have had is with Blazer aluminum cased ammo. It would have feeding and extracting hang ups. No brass cased ammo has caused any problems, and Wolf/Brown Bear steel cased works fine too.

I also have a CZ52, which has been reliable and fun to shoot, but it lacks ergonomics and modern design features to be a primary self defense pistol. Though the 7.62x25 might be handy to keep around to punch through a soft vest or K-pot if needed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 11:45:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
My CZ P-01 is by far my favorite pistol,it feels great in my hand & is super accurate.I consistantly outshoot my buddy,he's a Glock nut,it doesn't matter what model he put up against me 17/19/26,I spank him every time.

I shoot mostly Rem UMC ammo,but have shot S&B,Wolf & some 9mm NATO ammo that I got from Ammoman a while back.No problems with any of it but none of those were HP's.

The CZ SP-01 will be my next handgun purchase.

Good call, mine has been accurate and flawless, not a single malf.  I love the big heavy sucker, and especially the 19 round capacity.  

The best grips of any stock pistol.  I haven't yet shot my HK45 though, they may be nicer.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll add in what many others have already said and I agree with.
It's the ergonomics of the pistol and how it feels in the hand.  It also is very similar in feel to the 1911's grip so switching back and forth is no problem.

Since starting with a Glock in 2005 I've switched over to the CZs, my SP-01 mostly, in late 2006 and the Glocks (19, 26, 36 and the 34 which was traded for a CZ) have been hanging out in the safe.

Czechnology baby!
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#35]
My P-01 has been flawless in over 1,300 rounds  except for 2 times the slide failed to lock back on an empty mag. It turns out the followers were shot (Promags ).

The first thing I noticed about CZs in general, and the P-01 in particular, was the ergonomics. I have never handled any other gun that felt as good in my hand as CZs do. The only gun that comes close is a 1911 with an arched mainspring housing. My CZ is my cool weather CCW, and home defense pistol. It is stock except for Trijicon night sights, a stainless guide rod and stainless grip screws.

Link Posted: 4/23/2008 9:46:26 PM EDT
[#36]
My wife's 75 has been nearly flawless. One of her mag springs is getting weak and caused a couple of misfeeds at the range a week or so ago.
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
My wife's 75 has been nearly flawless. One of her mag springs is getting weak and caused a couple of misfeeds at the range a week or so ago.

What is the fix for this, just replace the springs?
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#38]
I had to replace the recoil spring with Wolff and one of the factory mags, but otherwise it has been great!
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Absolutely LOVE my P-01.  Exactly 975 rds and no problem at all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a number of them with well over 35K rounds through them.  I loan them out to CHL, basic firearms, and security students at my range.  Only one has ever had an issue.  About every 5K rounds it shears a slide stop.  These guns rarely get cleaned and they shoot the cheapest reloads that we have.  My personal carry CZs are pre-Bs that have been converted to SAO by Jim Miossi.  I like them because they feel and operate like my 1911s.  

ranburr
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#41]
7k and counting.....not a hiccup.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I ran 500 round of wwb and 50 HP's over a couple of weekends and then between 550 and 600 I had an empty round get stuck in the port.  It was not a stovepipe cause it was not out of the port yet.  It was like it was extracted then not ejected and tried to go back into battery.  However this was without cleaning it, or lubing it. I wanted to see how long it would last.  It also went trough another 150 WWB that day without problem.  I finally cleaned it.  Oh and it was a CZ75B that I bought used at a pawn shop dated 94.
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I babysitted my buddy's P-01 while he was at AIT, and shot the hell out of it, loved it.  So I got one of my own.. and 4 of my friends subsequently purchased CZ's in various models.  Out of the 5 of them, there have been no feed or ejection issues, and every round has gone bang.  I've got a little over 3,000 rounds through mine along, never a problem (except for a mag spring going bad in a 75 mag I have, it wouldn't lock the slide back every now and then).

The ergonomics are great... it's accurate, easily lends itself to fast firing with a decent degree of accuracy, overall I've not a single complaint about any of the CZ pistols I've ever shot.

My dad has a HiPower that runs like that, and he's had it for over 20 years, will never get rid of it.  I kinda feel that way about my CZ.  I've also put over 150 rounds of Hydra-Shok through it, and none of them had an issue with the gun.  I normally shoot WWB, but about 1/3 of those rounds were Blazer brass, and I got ahold of a free box of S&B 9mm, and it ran great.

The thing I like the most is I can carry it hot, with the hammer pre-cocked and it's just a short trigger pull away from SA use... I hate safeties, so I love the fact that it doesn't have one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#44]
CZ-75B .40 S&W. Love it! The slide rides inside the rails thus making for a slimmer carry gun than the Taurus PT-101 (Beretta 92 clone) I sold to finance the purchase. The 12-round mags hold an extra round per over the Taurus as well. Another bonus!

Best ergonomics outside of a 1911A1 too!
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#45]
CZ75BD is my main CCW gun. Never a jam, Ive used it a lot and take good care of it, it still looks like new, and its six years old now.
It will feed all sorts of ammo, but I use 124gr Speer gold dot hollows in it when I carry.
Great gun, like a second skin, can and have take it down and reassembled it in total darkness. Did a little polishing on its insides when I got it and its slick as s**t.
I love it, dont see the point of changing my carry gun at the moment.
Yes, I also sleep with it.....LOL
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Love CZ's
Only advice would be to throw away any mags that dont say CZ or Mecgar on them.
I threw a Promag away a few weeks ago, only problem I have ever had with CZ75B.
I also had an issue when I first got it . I took a friend(girl) to the range with it and evrytime she fired it stovepiped. I would take it and fire it immediately after with no problem. The she would stovepipe again then I would fire agian no prob. I have never seen anyone with that ability to completely fubar a 75 like that.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#47]
The only CZ I own (for now) is a CZ-82.  And based on my experience with the 82, there will definitely be another CZ in my future.

My CZ-82 is 100% reliable with every ammo except the conical-nosed Wolf.  I've seen several other posts on the Internet claiming the same thing: the CZ-82 eats every type of ammo reliably EXCEPT the cone-shaped Wolf.  So as long as you stay away from that particular ammo, you're golden.

I also really like the ergonomics of the CZ-82.  For some reason, CZ is really good at producing pistols that just "feel right".  Those of you who own one know exactly what I'm talking about.

And finally, I'd say the CZ-82 represents one of the best bargains of ANY handgun you can currently buy.  For around $200, you get a reliable, accurate, military-grade pistol that can capably serve a variety of roles.  For the money, I honestly believe there is no better pistol.

Link Posted: 8/6/2008 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#48]
CZs are solid, heavy weight competitors:

They are excellent bargains.

They are rugged.

They are accurate.

They are reliable.  

I own a CZ 75 in 9mm, a CZ75SA in .40S&W and a CZ 97.  I also have the .22 Cadet conversion.

The 9mm CZ 75 needed a couple hundred rounds through it to work out some kinks, then GTG.

The .22 Cadet had some extraction issues, but a little tweaking with the ejector took care of that.  The extractor broke, and without replacing it, it runs just fine.

I like them, but I still prefer BHPs.

Link Posted: 8/6/2008 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The only CZ I own (for now) is a CZ-82.  And based on my experience with the 82, there will definitely be another CZ in my future.

My CZ-82 is 100% reliable with every ammo except the conical-nosed Wolf.  I've seen several other posts on the Internet claiming the same thing: the CZ-82 eats every type of ammo reliably EXCEPT the cone-shaped Wolf.  So as long as you stay away from that particular ammo, you're golden.

I also really like the ergonomics of the CZ-82.  For some reason, CZ is really good at producing pistols that just "feel right".  Those of you who own one know exactly what I'm talking about.

And finally, I'd say the CZ-82 represents one of the best bargains of ANY handgun you can currently buy.  For around $200, you get a reliable, accurate, military-grade pistol that can capably serve a variety of roles.  For the money, I honestly believe there is no better pistol.

Do you know of anyplace that still has CZ82s in stock (preferably in excellent condition)?  I currently have one but would like to pick up another.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know of anyplace that still has CZ82s in stock (preferably in excellent condition)?  I currently have one but would like to pick up another.  

Here's what I found:

1. J&G Sales has CZ-82's in "good" condition for $199.

2. Militarygunsupply.com has 82's for $199, but does not list condition.

3. Southern Ohio Guns claims to have 82's in "very good condition", although I absolutely cannot recommend doing business with them.  They have a well-known reputation for misrepresenting their products.  They're also some of the rudest people you'll ever talk to.

Your best bet is probably to pay the $10 "hand select" fee at J&G.  I've done business with them before.  They're great.  And from what I hear, even mere "good" condition 82's are still pretty nice.

It's funny...I hadn't realized these CZ-82's were drying up already.  But I'm not surprised.  As I said before, they're the best handgun bargain to be had right now.  Heck, I might get another for myself this week before they're gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top