Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2003 11:13:28 AM EDT
any thoughts on this handgun?
Im considering one
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one in 40, I use it for a range gun only.  It has a long trigger pull and I do mean long, you can get used to it if you try, but it is difficult. I shoot revolvers, DAO autos and SA/DA autos, I find it hard to shoot these and then go to the 100 - the trigger pull is so long that I frequently end up "pushing" the muzzle down as I squeeze the trigger and just can't stop myself from expecting to hear a "bang".  If you just shoot revolvers or will shoot the 100 predominately you can do well I think, but going back and forth will cost you accuracy.  If you are thinking of this for CCW or personal protection:  the front sight is an intergral part of the barrel so night sights are out/the 40 is ported/to my knowledge there are no hi caps  for this gun.  I don't think the recoil spring for the 40 is strong enough and there are no aftermarket springs.

The pluses are that it is accurate, when the shooter doesn't screw up (aka me).  Mine is very well put together.  The grip fits me well and the sight radius is excellent. It is a snap to field strip.  Holsters used to be a problem but more are coming on line.  I bought mine over two years ago and I plan on keeping it.

Hope that helps.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
hmmmm
sounds like it would take me forever to get used to it...
I own a Glock 23 and 21, Walther P22 and HK USP.
the Glocks were modded as far as I can myself light 3.5lb trigger and polished assembly, the other 2 are stock as I like them.
the P22 has a long first pull then real short after.
I have to see if I can find a shop with one to see how it feels in my hand, which is how i determine if I will like it or not
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Oops, just read my post - the front sight is an integral part of the slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top