Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2003 3:53:52 AM EDT
Got it for 329.99 at the Ft.Worth gun show here in TX. Its the Tu Tone finnish and it looks great. Now I need some highcaps and maybe some wood grips, does anyone know where to find some at a decent price? John
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a bad price. Was it new? For wood grips, the only person I know of is Hakan Pek, [email protected]. His website is www.imageseek.com/hakan/. His prices aren't "cheap," but the quality is good and he's a good guy. Remove the "NOSPAM" to email him.

For high capacity magazines, see this guy:

Paul Hadella
P.O. Box 10156
Fairbanks, AK 99710
(907) 457-1370
[email protected]

He sells two types of CZ magazines. Get the stepped base variety. They're a little more expensive, but still quite a bargain (about $27 each versus around $45 from everyone else). This is the same magazines that CZ USA sells.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. Yes the gun was new in the box.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You can also get wood grips directly from CZ.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on the new CZ...
Can't wait to see it...

I might be heading down to Dallas one of these weekends (End of August) John...
I'll bring my CZ and we'll go shooting...
Got the replacement extractor today, so my gun is good to go again...

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#5]
CZ is perhaps the best kept secret in firearms.

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
CZ is perhaps the best kept secret in firearms.

True dat...

I hope I can get my hands on a couple before they become more popular and more expensive!

I am going to be getting a 75B before October... and I'd love to get the Kadet .22 conversion, and a 97B eventually.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 4:10:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Kadet conversion is a MUST HAVE.

It takes a little hand fitting to get the slide on (go to czforum.com and ask how) and it takes  a few hundred rounds to get it running well, but its muchos funos.

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes,
CZ's are probably the "Best Guns" on the market that don't get the recognition they deserve. I've owned most of the semi-autos on the market ie: Sig., Browning, Colt, S&W, ect.
My CZ is one of the finest handguns that has ever been produced. I wonder why more people don't know that?
Many gun owners and dealers that I know say, "That if they could own only one gun, it would be a CZ".
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#9]
The CZ's are great guns.

I have a standard 75B that wears Hogue checkered coco-bolo wood grips, and it really improves the handling of the piece.

Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Tim,
I took your advice and pick up a CZ-75B this past week. Smooth shooting pistol. I like the DA/SA style of trigger. I'll bring it along to the next IDPA match.

One word of caution...don't use action blaster on it. ( or maybe take off the grips first ) The chemical attacked the plastic. No big deal since I was planning to replace them with a set of hogue's anyway but lesson learned and passed along.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Definitely take the grips off when you clean.

The Cavalier IDPA match will be on the 24th of this month, we had to move it up a week.

There will be a rifle side match, so bring something!

See you there!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
WWW.CZFORUM.COM

GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats!!!. CZ's are awesome, I have a 9mm "Turkey" handgun with a set of hand made mother pearl inlay Turkish grips...

and my CZ in 40 (sold it a long time ago) with a set of Hakan grips.

You made the right choice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I just traded a BDM and a G27(NO kB's for me) to get a cz-75b Compact and a CZ-BD w/ 10 hicap mags.

Still running "Reliability" checks on the compact - so far 250 rounds of Fiocci w/o a burp.  

Looks VERY PROMISING for CCW use.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Hi John 232,
I got a pair of beautiful Kingwood grips for my CZ-75B from Hogue.  Pricey, but pretty.
Coolio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top