Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2007 11:11:48 AM EDT
First off, this is the only one I've seen locally so I would have to order one and use an FFL for transfer, so I figure this into it as well.

Anyway, found one at a local pawn shop in which they really have no idea what it even is.  I offered them $140 out the door and he came back with $162.  I think they can be found cheaper online but I have to figure in shipping and transfer.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Didnt they used to be just over 100$ only a few months ago?
Link Posted: 2/2/2007 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Don't know.  I know that on top of any net purchase of one I will have to pay shipping and $25 transfer fee.

I guess I should have asked how the hell they shoot.  I like the idea of it, but don't like owning a gun that I hate shooting.
Link Posted: 2/4/2007 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought mine at a gunshow for $189 out the door. I saw others going for as high as $250 (including a 'rare' 9mm version that was one of only a couple hundred prototypes when the Czechs considered going to 9mm instead ). Pawn shop near my house had one for $200 even. AIM has them for $140 prior to shipping and FFL fee.
Link Posted: 2/4/2007 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw one for $125 last week.
Link Posted: 2/5/2007 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I bought mine a couple of years ago, at a show, for $129. It was the lowest priced CZ-25 in the show.

They have been available at around $100 in the last year, if you have a C&R. If you don't 130-150 was pretty much the going price (and STILL a steal, if you ask me)

To answer the original poster's question, $162 isn't TOO bad, if the gun is in good condition and you're willing to pay that. At least this way, you know exactly what you're getting. I often tolorate higher local prices because I get to examine what I'm buying before I do.

Link Posted: 2/11/2007 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Can someone please give me a brief summary of CZ pistols?

1.Are they reliable

2. Do they hold up to high round cts?

3. Is this round similar to a typical 7.62 rifle rd, or a totally different animal.

4. How available, and how expensive is the ammo?

5. If there is more than one model in 7.62, which is preferable

Is this the same pistol the media has raised such a fuss over, and some crooks(politicians) have talked about banning? If not what is the one they have been fussing about?

I did a search for cz52, and didn't see a topic that answered these.

Thanks Treeman

Link Posted: 2/11/2007 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

1.Are they reliable Google "T-72", then click on images.

2. Do they hold up to high round cts? Im still on my first 1200 rounds, but little doubt in my mind, see answer #1

3. Is this round similar to a typical 7.62 rifle rd, or a totally different animal. Simlar & Different

4. How available, and how expensive is the ammo? AIM has Romy, 1224 rounds for 109 plus shipping in spam can

5. If there is more than one model in 7.62, which is preferable I bought two, one grey one black, both identical except the black on was arsenal refurbished. 9mm is not a C&R variant

Is this the same pistol the media has raised such a fuss over, and some crooks(politicians) have talked about banning? If not what is the one they have been fussing about? I dont know of any pistol they dont rant & rave about, I dont listen, fuck'em, Ive go tthe guns. But if you are inferring what I think you are inferring, read Old Painless's works on the subject.

I paid AIM 139 plus tax otd each Thanksgiving 06, I saw one at my local pawnshop for $268 last week.
Link Posted: 2/11/2007 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1.Are they reliable Google "T-72", then click on images.

2. Do they hold up to high round cts? Im still on my first 1200 rounds, but little doubt in my mind, see answer #1

3. Is this round similar to a typical 7.62 rifle rd, or a totally different animal. Simlar & Different

4. How available, and how expensive is the ammo? AIM has Romy, 1224 rounds for 109 plus shipping in spam can

5. If there is more than one model in 7.62, which is preferable I bought two, one grey one black, both identical except the black on was arsenal refurbished. 9mm is not a C&R variant

Is this the same pistol the media has raised such a fuss over, and some crooks(politicians) have talked about banning? If not what is the one they have been fussing about? I dont know of any pistol they dont rant & rave about, I dont listen, fuck'em, Ive go tthe guns. But if you are inferring what I think you are inferring, read Old Painless's works on the subject.

I paid AIM 139 plus tax otd each Thanksgiving 06, I saw one at my local pawnshop for $268 last week.

Thanks Cav,

I'm probably going to get a CZ, your comments helped me make my mind up.

The pistol they were raising hell about is the FN57, somehow I got them confused, I guess it's late, and I was up late last night at the FD, my brain isn't firing on all cylinders, actually that's pretty normal for me.

I want a FN57 also, just because of all the bitching about it, and the possibility it won't be available in the future. There is also something appealing about a pistol that fires a rifle round. It helps consolidate ammo.

Thanks again,
Treeman

ETA-  I googled T-72, that was a cool way to give a review. I certainly get your point.
Link Posted: 2/11/2007 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Both of mine shoot the brass out just as fast as the bullet. Today, one hit me in the glasses right on the bridge of my nose so hard, it actually hurt my face.

And I wasnt even the shooter.

Funny girl Ive been running with. She didnt like the USGI 1911 with hogues (today), but got all warm and fuzzy with the CZ52, and she actually shot the hell out of it. Maybe one of her fav's out of all my handguns.

And her and an AR15. Weird on that too. Didnt like the EOTech rifle, but did just fine with a ReflexII.
Link Posted: 2/11/2007 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Women are strange. My wife says she can't get comfortable shooting any of my ARs, even the heavy, scoped, bull bbl varmit rifle, she claims she doesn't like the recoil and noise, but she loves shooting her Rem 30.06 I got her to hunt with. Go figure?

You would think it would be the other way around. Same thing with pistols. I got her a Sig232, she has small hands, and it seemed like a good gun for her.

She likes all of my larger cal pistols a lot more. To me, they look to big for her hands, but she shoots them well. She is a natural when it comes to HGs, she comes close to embarassing me at the range sometimes.

Link Posted: 2/12/2007 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#11]
The confusion between the CZ-52 and FN Five-seveN could be because both have a reputation, warranted or not, of being capable of piercing light body armor. And I'd take a CZ-52 over a Five-seveN any day- cheaper gun, cheaper ammo that you can find anywhere, and bigger bullet means more tissue damage, especially with well-designed hollowpoints.

Plus I prefer my guns to be made of steel, wood, and bakelite, not aluminum, alloy, and plastic.

As for women liking bigger handguns over small "women's" or pocket pistols, it's entirely about recoil. Smaller, lighter guns have snappier recoil, even with small calibers (especially the blowback ones), whereas large pistols are heavier (less felt recoil), spread recoil out into more of the hand instead of concentrated in one spot, and gas-action ones have even less recoil.

Plus it might be a power issue, who knows.

As for my CZ-52, I love it. Every time I shoot it, the brass ends up in a neat little pile slightly to my right and about twenty feet straight back.

ETA: I did the whole "google t-72" thing and found nothing but tanks. Did I miss something involving CZ-52 pistols?
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought one last week from SOG (I have my C&R), chose to pay the extra $10 for hand picked, bought the holster, extra mag, lanyard and cleaning rod, shipped to my door was $164.  I have not shot it yet but it came through unfired.  I'm extremely happy (though I did need to clean the comoline off hinking.gif).  I would suggest intrested people get the C&R license.  Well worth the $30.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The confusion between the CZ-52 and FN Five-seveN could be because both have a reputation, warranted or not, of being capable of piercing light body armor. And I'd take a CZ-52 over a Five-seveN any day- cheaper gun, cheaper ammo that you can find anywhere, and bigger bullet means more tissue damage, especially with well-designed hollowpoints.

Plus I prefer my guns to be made of steel, wood, and bakelite, not aluminum, alloy, and plastic.

As for women liking bigger handguns over small "women's" or pocket pistols, it's entirely about recoil. Smaller, lighter guns have snappier recoil, even with small calibers (especially the blowback ones), whereas large pistols are heavier (less felt recoil), spread recoil out into more of the hand instead of concentrated in one spot, and gas-action ones have even less recoil.

Plus it might be a power issue, who knows.

As for my CZ-52, I love it. Every time I shoot it, the brass ends up in a neat little pile slightly to my right and about twenty feet straight back.

ETA: I did the whole "google t-72" thing and found nothing but tanks. Did I miss something involving CZ-52 pistols?

Unless I'm mistaken, the T72 was a way of saying it's built like a tank. I got a kick out of that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 5:20:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Unless I'm mistaken, the T72 was a way of saying it's built like a tank. I got a kick out of that.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#15]
If you like CZ's consider getting a CZ82. They are cheap on the market right now. They have chrome lined polygonal bores and shoot 9mm Mak ammo. They hold 12 in the mag and one in the pipe. Mine has one of the smoothest DA triggers I have ever used. Its accurate and stone reliable too.
Mine was a hand picked one from AIM that a local gunshow dealer had. Under $250 out the door with a spare mag, holster, rod and lanyard too. Unissued condition with just a little rub mark on the frame under the TG during storage. (Gun made in '89.) It's not C&R, but it's a fine deal.
Now I have a CZ 52, 82 and 83. I'm turning into a CZ collector!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top