Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 12:40:37 PM EDT
is the CZ in .45 the same as a Baby Eagle?

I am looking for a SOB holster and teh more I read I am seeing that they are the same
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:25:42 AM EDT
[#1]
the baby eagle is essentially a cz75 clone.  i don't knwo about dimensional differences between the two though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive handled both and the cz 97 is alot bigger imho.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The Baby Eagle 45acp is a Isreali modified Tanfoglio(Made In Italy).  The Tanfoglio(also known as an E.E.A. Witness) is the Italian clone of the venerable CZ75 series.  They all have similar ergonomics,  but I'm not sure what parts cross over.  I have a 9mm baby eagle full size and a 45 Witness Compact w/ polymer frame.  Magnum Research only has the one "Semi Compact" type 45, but EAA produces 45 versions of all of it's handguns.  I just got my Witness this week and was impressed with the quality of it.  It's Dead accurate, even with the shorter barrel.  Must be due to the CZ heritatge.   The baby eagles have slide mounted decocker safeties for first shot da, but the Tanfoglios dont seem to have anything but a frame mounted trigger stop safety which is weird because the gun could be shot DA if there was a safe way to fully drop the hammer.  I think that most of the CZs have decockers on the frame, but until I pick up one...probably that new SP-01, I don't know anything more
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
No the babey eagle and CZ97 are not the same but may be close in size as far as the full sized babey eagle but they are very different from there on. The 97B uses a barrel bushing and has a frame mounted saftey and can be carried cocked and locked. The CZs also have a nicer over all fit and finish in my opinion. Some of the 75s though have decockers but do not come in .45 only the 97B comes in .45. I like babey eagles and like Witnesses (I have one) but like my 97better. Certain holsters may fit both though if that is what you are asking.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
sort of along the same topic, do Witness and CZ mags interchange, given the same size/caliber?  Like would my CZ85 mags work in a full size Witness 9mm?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]
FIST makes holsters for the 97B.

The slide and dust cover shapes are different on the 2 brands.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:55:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
sort of along the same topic, do Witness and CZ mags interchange, given the same size/caliber?  Like would my CZ85 mags work in a full size Witness 9mm?

I use witness .45 mags in my 97B and have some witness mags in .40 that I use in my .40 CZs. Some of the compact mags have problems I believe and are to short for the CZs but that is only what I have heard. The full sized 9mm mags should work in both though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top