Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 3:50:55 PM EDT
I put a variety of ammo through it.  Various hollowpoints and round nose bullets.  The only problem ammo was wolf.  The case would peel back slightly around the bullet as the slide would attempt to chamber a round.  It appeared that the case was a bit to big.  Wolf failed to feed about 3 times out of fifty.  The only other problem I had with 300 rounds was a round getting jammed because of the magazine(nose of bullet was pointing to far downward.  

As far as accuracy goes, this gun was the best thing I have ever shot.  I am not incredibly experience shooter, but vastly superior to my glock 23 and walther p22.  I can shoot it better than my roomates Kimber custom(though I havent shot it much but I havent shot the cz much either).  At one point I hit 6 clay pigeons in a row at 25 to 30 yards and 8 out of ten at that distance.

I love this gun.  Im not sure Ill be shooting the glock nearly as much anymore.
I think Im in love.

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8233/cz75b003small1ds.jpg
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
glad you like your cz75.  i love mine.  they are the best kept secrets in pistols.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:53:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I use to carry a 1911. Until I got a CZ 2075. Best compact I have ever fired.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool looking pistol.  I just picked up a P-01 last weekend and I haven't shot it yet.  That pistol fits my hand like no other pistol...and I've own a few.  I also own a 75B as well...I bought the P-01 for CCW...the 75B is a little too much to carry.  I am probably going to order another CZ from CDNN or buy the PCR.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks just like mine.  I ordered some nice wood grips.  Can't wait for those to come in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice piece. How is the double action trigger pull and then the reset to single?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
The double action is pretty heavy gestimating over 10 lbs.   Trigger reset seems plenty short to me in single action.  It resets with about .25 inches behind trigger.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:34:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Camy's new CZ is the same way...  lots and lots of roughness in the trigger.  But it will work out after enough rounds.  My friend's is smooth as a baby's ass.

I'm not going to trade in my Kimber, but I will say that I feel foolish for never having owned a CZ before.  For the money, they are probably one of the best handguns out there and are far superior to many out there at a lower cost.  Dan's CZ in 9mm has well over 15k rounds through her, and the only thing he's ever replaced was a broken firing pin and a cracked handguard.  If you ask me, they are incredibly accurate out of the box, reliable, and feel great in the hands.  Like I said, I always looked at the price and thought:  junk.  Nope!  My next semi-pistol will be a 75b in 9mm.  

Spend some more money on some Mec-Gar nickle mags.  Trust me, they are worth every penny and the one-piece design (no welds) makes the weapon very smooth.  In another thread, I'm posting the catalog numbers for them (they are not available on the web site for some reason).  Keep an eye out for that, and get you a few - you'll notice the difference immediately.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Spend some more money on some Mec-Gar nickle mags.  Trust me, they are worth every penny and the one-piece design (no welds) makes the weapon very smooth.  In another thread, I'm posting the catalog numbers for them (they are not available on the web site for some reason).  Keep an eye out for that, and get you a few - you'll notice the difference immediately.

I will keep an eye peeled for those Mec-Gar nickle mags.  The mags that came with my gun (which has 03 stamped on inside the oval) seem to be lacking in quality.  The fifteen rounder may be undersprung (+10 wolff spring on the way) and the lips feel rough and they scratch the brass case.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I will keep an eye peeled for those Mec-Gar nickle mags.  The mags that came with my gun (which has 03 stamped on inside the oval) seem to be lacking in quality.  The fifteen rounder may be undersprung (+10 wolff spring on the way) and the lips feel rough and they scratch the brass case.

I had to edit my post, bro.  I called Mec-Gar, and they do not make a nickle mag for the CZ.  Those mags are blued, but still a much better quality than stock.  You'll pay a little more for the Mec-Gars, but they are worth it IMHO.

What's strange is that the '06 catalog is offering a full stainless steel version of the 75 - but the mags are still blue!  That seems really cheesy to me.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 on Mec Gars.  Everything Ive read leads me to the mec gars and away from promags.  But, I wonder if replacing the spring on promags would make them work reliably?  

Also, The mags I have dont have any weld marks so maybe they are Mec gars, but the high cap is undersprung, I think, which has caused some problems with the bullet jamming halfway inside the chamber and some ftf because the bullet nose is pointing to far down to feed correctly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
+1 on Mec Gars.  Everything Ive read leads me to the mec gars and away from promags.  But, I wonder if replacing the spring on promags would make them work reliably?  

Also, The mags I have dont have any weld marks so maybe they are Mec gars, but the high cap is undersprung, I think, which has caused some problems with the bullet jamming halfway inside the chamber and some ftf because the bullet nose is pointing to far down to feed correctly.

If they are Mec-Gar's they are stamped on the bottom rear corner of the mag with the trademark.  I have never heard of a 'Gar high cap with a feed issue, especially not from a bad spring.  

There are lots of one-piece designs out there with no weld marks.  

10 in .40 or 16 in 9mm?  If they are 'Gar's, return them and they'll give you new ones, so says my friend Dan who uses them exclusively in his collection.  I am new to them, and so far they have lived up to their reputation quite nicely.  Pricey, but worth it in my carry piece.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they are Mec-Gar's they are stamped on the bottom rear corner of the mag with the trademark.  I have never heard of a 'Gar high cap with a feed issue, especially not from a bad spring.  

10 in .40 or 16 in 9mm?  If they are 'Gar's, return them and they'll give you new ones, so says my friend Dan who uses them exclusively in his collection.  I am new to them, and so far they have lived up to their reputation quite nicely.  Pricey, but worth it in my carry piece.  

No marks on the mags at all.  10 rounder and 15 rounder.  Maybe that is my problem-non mec gar mags?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No marks on the mags at all.  10 rounder and 15 rounder.  Maybe that is my problem-non mec gar mags?

Those are not Mec-Gars.  10 rounds of 40 or 16 of 9mm is what they offer for the CZ, and both are stamped.

Mec-Gar CZ Mags
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#14]
One other thing, my friend:

The CZ mags are not top of the line by any means, but they are not junk, either.

Your CZ should function just fine with the factory mags and, if it is not, it is your ammo selection during the break-in period.

First of all, never ever ever use Wolf ammo in a semi-auto pistol.  It's the same damn price as WWB for pete's sake.  

One FTF in 300 is not bad during break-in, so I wouldn't trash your mags.  

Put 1,000 rounds of Win-Clean or WWB FMJ through her, and then shuffle some HP's.  I think you'll find your problem solved.  If the mag really is too high on the rear of the follower, the spring is in backwards.  Remove the base plate and invert the spring - it is canted and angled one way, and the highest end of the spring faces the front of the mag.

I'd double check all that, and then send CZ back the bad mag if it doesn't solve the problem.  They'll give you a new one no questions asked.  But I bet any mag problem is a reversed spring.

The Mec-Gar's are better, but like I said, you should have reliability with the factory mags.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Springs are oriented right.  I have had very little problems with wolf in my glock 23 so I thought Id try it in my cz.  But, you are right wwb is actually cheaper than wolf were Im at unless I buy bulk.  I just wanted to see how reliably it would feed a wide variety of ammo.   Just picked up 2000 rounds of remanufactured 9mm from HSM for the cz. Ive never shot this stuff so hopefully it works.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Mec-Gar is supposedly the OEM for CZ in regards to mags - my last puchase of Mec-Gars for my CZ-75 had no manufacturer's marks (other than the witness holes).  They were ordered from Arizona Gun Runners, and came in Mec-Gar packaging.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#17]
That is what I thought in regards to the mecgar mags. .  Went shooting today.  Had some more jams, but I may have isolated a user flaw for my jams(i think).  I'm limp wristing sometimes.  When I hold firm I dont get jams. I have had this problem with my 22.  Such a light recoil why hold on tight?  Well Ive gotten better performance out of my p22 since I realized this and it looks like I need to pay attention to limp wristing with my cz.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I had no idea Mec-Gar makes the CZ mags as stock items.

Still, GM builds both the Cadillac and the GEO.  

None of my mags that are Mec-Gar's do not have the trademark, so...  I would say they are different quality, even if they are same manufacturer.

But again, I am new to CZ's and in no way profess to be educated in them.  If MG makes the mags I can't see quality control issues they wouldn't bust their butt to fix, and the fact CZ chose MG says a LOT about the overall out of the box quality of the pistol line.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#19]
BTW:

Camy's NIB CZ 75b in 40 has the CZ cartouche on the mag pad, not Mec-Gar's, and if those are Mec-Gars they are DEFINATELY the cheapest MG's I've ever seen.  They're two-piece mags!

Are you guys sure MG makes the stock CZ mags?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
BTW:

Camy's NIB CZ 75b in 40 has the CZ cartouche on the mag pad, not Mec-Gar's, and if those are Mec-Gars they are DEFINATELY the cheapest MG's I've ever seen.  They're two-piece mags!

Are you guys sure MG makes the stock CZ mags?  

Everywhere Ive read would indicate that MG makes CZ mags as well as for other gun manufacturers.  

Got some wolff springs today.  Replaced the extractor, recoil and my hi cap magazine springs.  Guess Ill have to shoot again tomorow to see if my jams go away.

Does anyone know if I should replace the firing pin spring with the one that came with my 14 lb recoil spring.  If yes, then how in the hell do I dissasemble the firing pin spring on this gun.  Cant figure it out.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#21]
The mec-gars that I have are one piece bodies (at least I can find no welds on them) - have no markings other than round indicators near the witness holes, and the baseplate would appear to be the same as the one on the mag in the original pic.

However, the mec-gars for my Keltec p11 & p32 both have Mec-Gar markings - maybe a change in the production?  

Mine feed fine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Shot the cz with the new springs.  Better, but not perfect had two jams out of 200 rounds with the bullet partially in the chamber and the breach jamming on the side of the case.  Sigh, guess maybe I should get some mecgars to see if they work better.  Overall, I still love this pistol.  Hit a metal plate three times in a row at about 70 yards.  Of course, I missed a bunch also.  

Also, the HSM remanufactured 9mm ammo I picked up for $99 per thousand has worked fine so far.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top