Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 5:33:02 PM EDT
I just picked up a Redhead O/U shotgun and shot it for the first time today. I was very impresssed with it. That is my 4th CZ purchase it goes very well with my P01 and 97B, and 527 in .223.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an itch for a 28 gauge and I've been looking at the Redhead shotguns a lot. How's the handling and pointability of the gun?
I've seen prices as low as $675 for a 12 and $850 or so for 28 and .410, so they're really a good deal if they're any good.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I wanted one of there Side by Side bobwhites in 410, however the lack of auto-ejectors kind of turned me off, but aparently for the money, there a great gun.  I have a CZ 452 dedicated P Dog rig and the thing shoots the lights out, litterally!  Great guns for the money, no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I had plans for another big-bore AR with the tax refund, but it looks like a CZ Redhead in 28 gauge is gonna take its place.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry it has been a while. I have put about 300 rounds through the redhead. It comes up very nice, and points very well. I have let a few people shoot it that are in to various types of over and unders and they have all said it is a very nice gun. They all have commented on how well it handles. They are also amazed at how much the gun costs, very affordable. If you are in the market for a nice O/U shotgun without the price tag, I would give it a try.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
sorry it has been a while. I have put about 300 rounds through the redhead. It comes up very nice, and points very well. I have let a few people shoot it that are in to various types of over and unders and they have all said it is a very nice gun. They all have commented on how well it handles. They are also amazed at how much the gun costs, very affordable. If you are in the market for a nice O/U shotgun without the price tag, I would give it a try.

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered one yesterday. The prices for the guns is unbelievable!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:10:39 AM EDT
[#6]
My 28 gauge Redhead shotgun finally arrived this weekend and it is sweet (unlike my redhead ex-girlfriend)!

Points naturally and is easy to swing on target. I managed to break 23 out of 25 caly birds first time out with it.

I'm impressed to say the least!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My 28 gauge Redhead shotgun finally arrived this weekend and it is sweet (unlike my redhead ex-girlfriend)!

Points naturally and is easy to swing on target. I managed to break 23 out of 25 caly birds first time out with it.

I am glad you like your gun, but you seem to shoot alot better than I do. I just took mine out on a Pheasant hunt last weekend with 3 other buddies and we bagged 70 birds in 2days, I love my shotgun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:32:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am glad you like your gun, but you seem to shoot alot better than I do. I just took mine out on a Pheasant hunt last weekend with 3 other buddies and we bagged 70 birds in 2days, I love my shotgun.

I'll bet your pheasants tasted a hell of a lot better than my clay pigeons!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I am glad you like your gun, but you seem to shoot alot better than I do. I just took mine out on a Pheasant hunt last weekend with 3 other buddies and we bagged 70 birds in 2days, I love my shotgun. [/quot
I'll bet your pheasants tasted a hell of a lot better than my clay pigeons! hr

Well that is probably true, clay pigeons usually don't taste well unless they are cooked just right
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top