Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:05:49 PM EDT
Looking at the cost difference of about $150 between both guns, is it worth it to get the PO1?  I heard I can use the 16 round mags that I own in it, so I'm interested.

Have there been any advances from the 75b to the PO1 or are they entirely different guns?
This would be my first CZ.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
There are some differences but not realy in reliability or accuracy. The 75B with a manual saftey can be carried cocked on locked and has a little bit of a smoother trigger than the P01 with the decocker. They both feel good but the P01 is the most comfortable handgun I have ever held (My opinion) and only comes in an alloy frame and has a rail where the 75B has a steel frame or an alloy. They are both fantastic pistols but the P01 should not be $150 more. I paid $456 for mine NIB and most 75Bs go for $400.  They are both great pistols.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a price of $300 on a 75b and just found the PO1 for $411.  I have 10 - 16 round mags that are meant for the 75b, but will fit the PO1.  What do you suggest I go for?

How are the sights on the PO1?  Do they make QUALITY night sights or adjustable sights for the gun?  What sorts of accuracy should I expect?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The sight cuts on the P-01 are the same as  the 75B, so that's not an issue.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
If I had to decide,and I have,I'd buy the CZ75BD which is the decocker version of the 75B.
Had to have a 97B too but thats a different story.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a price of $300 on a 75b and just found the PO1 for $411.  I have 10 - 16 round mags that are meant for the 75b, but will fit the PO1.  What do you suggest I go for?

How are the sights on the PO1?  Do they make QUALITY night sights or adjustable sights for the gun?  What sorts of accuracy should I expect?

I believe the sights are the same as the 75 and YES you can use your 16rd 75mags in the P01 they will stick out a little but they function fine. Some guys order 40P baseplates from CZ and put them on the 16rd mags and they look facory that way with a fluch type fit. I have been thinking about getting some XS sights for my P01.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Generally, how would you compare the PO1 to something like a Glock 19 or a Sig 226?  I'd think the sig is closer in form and function, but I'll leave that comparison up to you guys.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Generally, how would you compare the PO1 to something like a Glock 19 or a Sig 226?  I'd think the sig is closer in form and function, but I'll leave that comparison up to you guys.  

personally i dont' like the way glocks feel or point in my hands.  sigs however are nice.  as heavy as sigs are i generally think the cz75 is a bit heavier but more comfortable to hold.  and you can get a cz75 with manual safety for cocked/locked carry while the sigs are meant for condition 2 carry.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well I do love my Glock however I have to be honest also. My P01 is more accurate than my Glock, Just as reliable and the P01 is more comfortable in my hand hands down but my Glock is comfortable to me too. The finish on the CZ is a tough finish but I think that Glocks finish is tougher. The trigger on the P01 is a little stiff but with some dry fireing and a lighter hammer spring from Wolff it gets as good as anything I have pulled if you shoot it from the halfcocked position that it was designed to be shot from which is where the hammer stops if you decock it. In my opinion the P01 is a better pistol than the G19 but they are both great pistols.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, considering I own a 19, the comparison really helps.  You spoke of the accuracy...ballpark, how accurate is it?  Max distance for hitting 12" plates?  I like shooting my pistols at rifle distances and do so often.  (50/100 yards)  The 19 can hit man size targets with great frequency at 100 yards, have you tested the PO1 at that range?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Never shot it at that range only 15-25yrds which my P01 has a fairly noticable group size difference.  Thats how mine shoots any way. I have never measured the size difference either. Like I said I love my G19 and still carry it most all the time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top