Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2005 2:58:58 PM EDT
Got a hankering for a CZ, but just didn't like the DA/SA. My friendly dealer goes "no problem. You want one of these. He shows me a pic of the single action and I bit.  

Now while I wait for it to come in, I need to pick up some accessories.

Who makes decent mags? Mec-gar? Promag?

I'm a lefty, so who makes strong side holsters that are not $$$. Kydex is okay, but no nylon.

Anything else I should know or pick up?

Thanks,

tvone
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a CZ-85, which is like the 75, which is like your 75 SA.  
Anyway, word is that the MecGar mags are the ones to get (even better than OME, which are sometimes MecGars, but sometimes just the lowest bidder), I just got some from Arizona Gunrunners for a good price.  I got an extra stiff extractor spring, from Miossi Gunworks, which are recommended...to avoid some problem, which I can't remember now, I got a stainless guide rod to repalce the plastic one from JackAsh.  I got the very comfortable CZ rubber grips I think also from Miossi.  I also plan on getting Miossi's hard steel sear and have him do a trigger action job on it.  Many like the sights from Angus Hobdell.  I'd get a Sparks Versa Max holster in horsehide, but to save $$ a Comptac C-tac works.  
More detail here:
p201.ezboard.com/bczechpistols82792
and here:
www.czshooters.com/modules.php?name=Forums
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 3:11:46 AM EDT
[#2]
You need Mecgar mags and stay away from promags. You also need a CZ 97B and a .40B.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 4:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
tvone-

We're in the same boat. I grew more and more interested in picking up a CZ 75 from all the great feedback I read on this site and the agreeable price. I had planned on using it only for range and please plinking, but when the catalog came in the mail and I saw they had a SA model I went straight for it.
With a cocked and locked format available which I'm used to from CCW'ing 1911s, once this gun arrives at the dealer and I get to know it with around 800-1000 rnds it just might see some CCW time. If so, I'll probably get a Kramer Belt Scabbard in Horside and perhaps a Sparks Summer Special 2.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:04:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I use Mec-Gar mags and a Blade-Tech holster.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#6]
The CZ arrived!

2 full capacity mags. a snapcap, cleaning rod, and the pistol lock.

Pack in a bag with oil/rust inhibitor...dripping with it.

Order 3 Mec-Gar mags and they seem to be of the same quality as the factory mags.

There's some creep in the trigger, but I may tinker with the overtavel screw a bit.

Also picked up a couple of modified mags from a Springfield P9...they hold 19 rounds. The side dimples have been milled out and the legs cut off the follower. The price was right(free) so we'll see if they work.

Haven't found a holster yet. I have a nylon POS that I can use until I do.

No milling marks inside or out, and fits my hand better than my G17.

Range report later this week.  Pics to follow.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
wow a SA CZ 75.VERY NICE.TO BE HONEST THE da ON MY SA/SA CZ75 BD IS VERY VERY SMOOTH.Better than the same set up in my beretta 92 fs for example.CZ are very good pistols.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
CZ75B-SA Range Report

Took the day off the get some shooting in. Headed over to Shooter's Club in Fort Worth to shoot indoors since it's windy and drizzling here and there.

15 yards only, but clean, well ventilated and not too expensive. $8.00.

First shot, hit 3-4" to the right. First mag, 3 FTE with stovepipes. A quick swipe of the hand and it was cleared.

Second mag, again, first shot 3-4" to the right. 2 stovepipes, all shots grouping in the center.

3rd- 21st mag...not one failure of any type.  Total, fired over 300 rounds in the first outing.

First 200 rounds were Blazers, the rest were WWB.

No hammer bite. Trigger is around 4#, and has some takeup and creep.

Noticed that the first shot from a fresh mag always hit 3-4" to the right unless the slide is pulled back. If you used the slide stop, then the first shot was to the right.

Pistol fits my hand better than my G17, and I'll add some grip tape to the front and rear straps.

Factory mags and the 3 additional Mec-Gar mags work fine. 2 additional and much older Springfield P-9 mags that have been modified to hold 19 rounds work fine in it also.

Accurate
100% reliable after the first 50 rounds.
Single Action trigger
Mags drop free easily
Reasonably priced mags...Under $20 for the Mec-Gars.

Dislikes:
The takeup on the trigger.
Weight, it's not a polymer or alloy!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#9]
way cool.  does yours have that straight-ish trigger?  i was looking at them recently because i like my 75 compact and am now looking for something in single action.  but that trigger turned me off a bit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:40:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the straight trigger. It was one of the reasons why I got interested in the SA.  It may look strange but it feels great.  

I'll get some photos up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I like the straight trigger. It was one of the reasons why I got interested in the SA.  It may look strange but it feels great.  

that is exactly what i wanted to hear.  and if i don't like the trigger i figure it wouldn't be hard to drop in a curved one--or have someone competent do it for me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the trigger on my SA. I was going to get the 75B DA/SA but they only had it in two tone. I tried the SA and thought the trigger was alot better so I ended up with the SA. I have put 250rds of WWB ammo through without any malfunctions out of the box. The slide does seem a little lethargic on the 14th round fired for some reason. Probably part of the break in. I added the hogue grips to mine and it made it feel much better in my hand. I like the finger grooves because it forces me to hold it the same way each time which is a good thing for consistant accuracy from the start.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#14]
CONGRATS ON THE SA!

I've had mine for 6 or 8 months. the mec gar mags ARE factory mags. Mec-Gar oems them for CZ.  as for you FTE's stay away from the WWB. i had nothing but FTE's with that crap. I've fed my sa:

Silver Bear 115grn and 145 gn
Brown Bear 115grn
Wolf 115 grn
Blaser brass 115
WWBVP 115grn
magtech 115 grn
S&B 115 grn
remington umc 115grn
remington 115 grn hP

and only have i encountered problems with the winchester.

also the blackhawk cqc holster for the berreta 92/96 works for the SA.

also a 16 lb recoil spring will soak up the recoil for normal ammo and is about right for shooting hot stuff like wolf 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
CONGRATS ON THE SA!

I've had mine for 6 or 8 months. the mec gar mags ARE factory mags. Mec-Gar oems them for CZ.  as for you FTE's stay away from the WWB. i had nothing but FTE's with that crap. I've fed my sa:

Silver Bear 115grn and 145 gn
Brown Bear 115grn
Wolf 115 grn
Blaser brass 115
WWBVP 115grn
magtech 115 grn
S&B 115 grn
remington umc 115grn
remington 115 grn hP

and only have i encountered problems with the winchester.

also the blackhawk cqc holster for the berreta 92/96 works for the SA.

also a 16 lb recoil spring will soak up the recoil for normal ammo and is about right for shooting hot stuff like wolf 9mm.

Interesting. My first 300rds were WWB without any problems. I also put 16rds of Remington 147gr Golden Sabers through without any problems. I have some American Eagle 147gr FMJs  and some Remington 115gr FMJs to put through it next weekend. I bougt the AE 147gr ammo to see if I could jam it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#16]
pfft good luck. I can't remember ever having any problem ever with AE ammo. let me know how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Put another 300 or so rounds of WWB through mine on Monday, nary a problem.

Also looks like the first shot to the right is just about gone.

It is about to hurt my wallet tho'...

I started looking for a 22 LR. top end to put on it, but I may just end up with the Kadet version of it for $75.00 more.

I found an old Galco holster I had for a Sig that seems to fit well enough. Like most, I have a bunch of holster for guns I don't own anymore.  Being left-handed, sometimes I buy holsters for guns I don't even own yet if I find a good deal on them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I picked up a new Kadet kit with 3 mags. I had a little trouble getting in on at first, but after I did, it worked just fine for about 250 rounds. After that, it started to jam a little here and there.

I think it needs some oil and some more break in.

Accuracy wasn't stellar. Around 4-5 inches at 25 yards with Remington Yellow Jackets and Winchester bulk.

I'll pick up some different kinds at the next gun show. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I've found Federal Lightning to work very well.  I think they've renamed it Federal Champion or some such.  If you want really good stuff for some reason you can't go wrong with CCI mini-mags.  They're a bit pricey, but they're very accurate.  I've also had good luck with Remington sub-sonics.  Oh, Aguila SE's work well too.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#20]
If you want to take the play out of the trigger on your CZ75BSA the you don't want to adjust the overtravel screw that you can see sticking out of the back of the trigger. You will have to remove the trigger and you will see a second threaded hole. Mine didn't have a screw in the second hole. Put a gun thread set screw in it and had to play with adjusting it a few times but got it adjusted to where there is hardly and take up on the trigger. CZ75BSA is the cheapest handgun i have but one of the most accurate. Set up with B square mount and red dot, i use it in competition steel challenge shoots. Have shot over 15,000 rounds and still as accurate as when i bought it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I shot over 200 rounds of WWB through my pre-B CZ75 a couple of weekends ago at a 3 gun match and had no pbrolems.  Congrats on the new CZ.  Except for the trouble fo finding  holsters, you're going to love it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#22]
A lot of holsters are made for the popular Beretta 92 series of pistols. Happily, CZ 75/85s fit nicely into most holsters made for the Beretta. My local dealer has a special on all of his Old World brand leather holsters and this company specifically recommends using the CZ pistols in the Beretta designated holsters in their cross-reference chart. My shop is selling all of these very well made holsters for $19.99 each.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top