Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:23:08 PM EDT
I was looking into a CZ TT in 45.  However these are not Made in the same factory or even by the same company.  I have come to find out that CZ is something of a national label these TTs are the CZECH guns and not from the Uhersky Brod factory which I am to understand resides in Croatia, the TTs are not Serb guns.  So if you have experience with them please share?  Seen or heard also please?

Can I expect the same reliability and consistency?
Link to pick
PDF about
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not shot one and have only read about them. From what I can gather they are in a way a Tangfolio/EAA pistol that is assembled in the Check Rep. I would not pay any more than I would pay for an EAA. $300ish should be what it would cost. I have no idea what they were trying to do with that project. EAAs are nice pistols and in fact I have a 10mm on layaway as we speak(Type).
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:57:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have come to find out that CZ is something of a national label these TTs are the CZECH guns and not from the Uhersky Brod factory which I am to understand resides in Croatia, the TTs are not Serb guns.

I don't know where you heard this, or what you're smoking, but CZ Uhersky Brod, maker of the CZ75 etc, is NOT located in Serbia.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:14:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Right.  It was Zastava Arms that was located in Serbia (originally Yugoslavia).  They made a sort-of clone of a SIG P226 called the CZ99.

Ceska Zbrojovka (CZ) located in Uhersky Brod produced the CZ75, 82, 83, 85, 97, 100, 110, PCR, P-01, SP-01, 40B, & P-40.

The TT is produced by a different factory, CZ Strojirna s.r.o. in Strakonice.  I have not held one, but I hear on the net that the TT is alittle rougher in finish than the other CZs.  

Alot of this info can be found here, which is where I went to get the spelling of these names.  I guess having a Czech lineage doen't mean I know how to spell it.

Finally, have you checked out the CZ97?  Not polymer, but it is a big, beautiful .45.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have come to find out that CZ is something of a national label these TTs are the CZECH guns and not from the Uhersky Brod factory which I am to understand resides in Croatia, the TTs are not Serb guns.

I don't know where you heard this, or what you're smoking, but CZ Uhersky Brod, maker of the CZ75 etc, is NOT located in Serbia.

As I said CZ is a notional label of sorts their are different factories of different companies that produce what we would call CZs.  In serbia, Croatia, and Czech Republic.  Serb guns are not imported here.  The Czech guns the TTs are newly imported only recently by Adco.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As I said CZ is a notional label of sorts their are different factories of different companies that produce what we would call CZs.  In serbia, Croatia, and Czech Republic.  Serb guns are not imported here.  The Czech guns the TTs are newly imported only recently by Adco.

Huh???

There are 3 "CZ" companies.

CZ Uhersky Brod - maker of the CZ 75, 550 series rifles, etc.

CZ Zbrojovka Brno - used to make high-quality sporting rifles, AFAIK they are not currently imported to the US.

CZ Strakonice - maker of the TT pistol and the .22 upper. They have only been imported recently.

NONE of these companies are based in Serbia or Croatia.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
You are both more or less correct.

CZ is sort-of a national brand in the former Czechoslovakia, with three different factories all using it.

Crvena Zastava is a brand from the former Yugoslavia, and is now Zastava Arms Co. of Serbia.  They make the way-overbuilt Yugo AKs (M76 sniper, M92 Krink) and the CZ99 pistol.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump for more replies.  Could we not continue on their orgins and stck to experiences with these pistols though?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump for more.  Can we refrain from aguing about where they are made.  How do they perform?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#10]
ADCO has quit importing these weapons.  No ported barrels or factory mags will be imported for forseeable future or until other importer is found.  I reccomend not getting these guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top