Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2017 2:57:03 PM EDT
Made a video of my pistol.

In advance, I apologize for the rambling and lack of being able to see anything more exciting. I don't do videos often and this is just me wanting to provide some information on what is semi high mileage.

If you already know what a P-10 C is, talk about durability of finish and stoppages starts at: 6 minutes 25 seconds.

Hope this helps you guys.

The CZ P-10 C After 4962 Rounds
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info, that is kind of an odd sounding malfunction that it was having. Still debating if this is going to be my next pistol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the update and the info. Very informative.

I just got back from the range and put another 100 rounds through my P-10. This has definitely become my favorite striker-fired gun. I shoot this gun very well and I can do it very quickly because it points so well, and the recoil is very controllable. I have no problem shooting a ragged hole at 10 yards with 10 rounds all day long. I really love the sights as well. I just wish they had little tritium vials in them. I want these exact sights but as night sights. Other than the 3 dot system, they are perfect in every way. I'm front dot rear bar fan. I only like 3 dots on tall sights with a suppressor attached.

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
This is very relevant to my interests. Thanks for being a higher round guinea pig
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
3 in 5k.  Not bad, but that is one strange failure though.  I don't think I've ever seen it happen under any circumstances.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
CZ posted this link of a CZ P-10C torture test on their Facebook page recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILltPQyskf0
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I've not had a chance to handle one of these yet. Does the ejector look like it is user changeable?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the review.  I shot 150 rounds through mine today for first-time.    2 failure to eject  not sure what was going on there.nice trigger,  much better than glock 22. However, I noticed toward the end of the session my trigger finger was getting pinched a bit.  But this thing does shoot.  I was shooting speer 115 gr tmj.   Pretty much a ragged hole at 12 yards.  Very short reset, much better than the G22.  I'll have to figure out the trigger pinch issue but appears to be a keeper at this point.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:44:03 AM EDT
[#8]
If I just listen to the audio, I imagine a conversation around a beach bonfire tossing back a few beers, you sound like a few of my surfer pals haha.

Good video.  I did the same with my rear sights and I pick up the front sight way easier.  Thanks for sharing your observations!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the review.  I shot 150 rounds through mine today for first-time.    2 failure to eject  not sure what was going on there.nice trigger,  much better than glock 22. However, I noticed toward the end of the session my trigger finger was getting pinched a bit.  But this thing does shoot.  I was shooting speer 115 gr tmj.   Pretty much a ragged hole at 12 yards.  Very short reset, much better than the G22.  I'll have to figure out the trigger pinch issue but appears to be a keeper at this point.
View Quote
My buddy experienced the finger pinch as well. It was enough for him to hold off on purchasing one. He wants to shoot mine some more. Does anyone know why this happens?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Op, is this without cleaning it or do you clean it after each trip?  It looks dirty but so does your Glock in the video so I wasn't sure if these are cleaned regularly. The rust is concerning since I wouldn't think it would rust that quickly. I live in Houston and it is humid as shit so I wonder how it will fair. I just got it and only been to the range once.

Do you sweat a lot? Some people have some chemical in their sweat that can cause rusting issues, at least, I have read/heard.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I resemble the corrosive sweating issues. Even my g19 rusts, and a friend on here forgot to wipe my fingerprints off of his Browning Citori Lightning even though I keep reminding him and he is still annoyed they etched themselves into that gun.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#12]
My CZ P10c is on its way back to CZUSA today...with less than 750 rounds through it. Pretty bummed out, as I felt and shot so much more confidentally and accurately with it over my Glock 19 (which I am pretty good with and compete with a G34). Though I had a problem that I currently have not seen anyone else have. The wire spring that puts tension of the slide release that is housed in the recess on the left side of the locking block partially dislodged out of its recess and jammed itself in between the frame and the locking block. There was enough of a gap between the two and enough flex in the locking block for it to just barely slip out the recess. The last 300 rounds I put through it consisted of several strings of rapid firing and everything functioned just fine. However, upon field stripping it at home, I noticed my slide would not come off and the wire spring was digging up into the slide's rail. Eventually got it off by force, but the wire spring is bent to hell and still jammed up.

This is the first time I have ever had to send a gun back to the manufacturer, so this will be an experience for me, I hear CZ has good CS though, so that reassuring. I will report back with what comes of the situation. I guess one could say I am a Glock guy as that is all I own handgun wise. Though I have been through the ringer, and have owned pretty much every other modern platform currently in the market, but just always went back to Glock. The P10c was so very refreshing to own, as I very quickly got accustomed to it. I also see in the manual there is a sub compact and full size variant in the model SKU chart, which is exciting. Hoping for something good to come out of this.

Note: CZ did provide a return shipping label without a fuss and getting an RMA was painless.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I had the same problem with mine. Happened twice in ~850 rounds. My replacement pistol should be arriving today after ~3 weeks.

They told me it was a problem with the first shipment of guns and they'd already made a change in the manufacturing process to fix the issue. They also said any pistol which has the issue will be replaced.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had the same problem with mine. Happened twice in ~850 rounds. My replacement pistol should be arriving today after ~3 weeks.

They told me it was a problem with the first shipment of guns and they'd already made a change in the manufacturing process to fix the issue. They also said any pistol which has the issue will be replaced.
View Quote
This is really good to hear. I wonder if we will be able to physically see the manufacturing change in the replacements.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Took my replacement pistol out today and put 250 rounds through it. Fucking laser beam of a pistol.

I noticed they pulled the tritium factory sights off my first pistol and transferred them to the new one. I had the surrounds on the tritium of the rears blacked out.

After I finished shooting I noticed the damn slide stop spring popped out just like the first one. To say I'm pissed is an understatement.

I took the locking block out of the frame and put a set in the spring to cause the tail of it to want to bend toward the locking block. Maybe it will fix the issue. We'll see what CZ has to say tomorrow when I call.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Anyone have any idea what the serial number cutoff is for the manufacturing change?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#17]
For you that sent your gun to CZ....how long did you wait?  Or have waited?

I'm at about a month as we speak...
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For you that sent your gun to CZ....how long did you wait?  Or have waited?

I'm at about a month as we speak...
View Quote
3 weeks, 4 days from the day I called, set up the RMA, and mailed it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Took my replacement pistol out today and put 250 rounds through it. Fucking laser beam of a pistol.

I noticed they pulled the tritium factory sights off my first pistol and transferred them to the new one. I had the surrounds on the tritium of the rears blacked out.

After I finished shooting I noticed the damn slide stop spring popped out just like the first one. To say I'm pissed is an understatement.

I took the locking block out of the frame and put a set in the spring to cause the tail of it to want to bend toward the locking block. Maybe it will fix the issue. We'll see what CZ has to say tomorrow when I call.
View Quote
Well that certainly is disheartening to hear the slide stop spring is still popping out. I was thinking to stake the edge of the recess in the locking block to retain the wire spring from popping out. Keep us posted on what CZ says.

CZ has had my gun since last Friday, so not long for me yet waiting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Any updates on what CZ said?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry for the lack of update!

They were extremely apologetic and offered to warranty it again. Since I didn't want to be without the gun for another month I fixed it myself. I put a set in the short end of the curl of the spring to make it want to trend inward into the locking block and it seems to have solved the problem. 350 rounds in the last two weeks since I did it with no issues.

I honestly think the spring bending jig/press/program they use needs just a touch of tweaking. The spring issue doesn't seem to be a terribly widespread issue, or maybe I'm just really hard on guns.

Being a manufacturer/armorer/gunsmith and having zero fucks makes me want to just fix shit myself. At least I got two extra mags from then the first gun was replaced.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sorry for the lack of update!

They were extremely apologetic and offered to warranty it again. Since I didn't want to be without the gun for another month I fixed it myself. I put a set in the short end of the curl of the spring to make it want to trend inward into the locking block and it seems to have solved the problem. 350 rounds in the last two weeks since I did it with no issues.

I honestly think the spring bending jig/press/program they use needs just a touch of tweaking. The spring issue doesn't seem to be a terribly widespread issue, or maybe I'm just really hard on guns.

Being a manufacturer/armorer/gunsmith and having zero fucks makes me want to just fix shit myself. At least I got two extra mags from then the first gun was replaced.
View Quote
I really want the P10c to do well, it feels so much more at home than the Glocks I shoot primarily, and this is coming from someone who only owns Glocks. If I see that the spring can come back out easily when I get mine back, I plan to put a small stake into the locking block to hold it in place. If they do release a GEN. 2 down the road, I really hope they take our cases into consideration Thank you for the update.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Another 200 flawless rounds Thursday. I'd say the issue is solved with this pistol.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#24]
My CZ came back. They changed out the locking block with a new one and there is clearly a very deliberate staking job (it looks perfectly done) to the block which physically blocks the slide release wire spring from jumping out of its recess.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My CZ came back. They changed out the locking block with a new one and there is clearly a very deliberate staking job (it looks perfectly done) to the block which physically blocks the slide release wire spring from jumping out of its recess.
View Quote
Glad they took care of you. Can you post some pics of the staking? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Like others - mine came back today too.  They replaced the magazine release.  Now it's easier to depress and the mags fall out like sh*t through a goose.  Managed to get roughly 75 rounds through it on a quick range trip.  SO happy with this thing.  

Now - what's next for it?  RMR?  HB Theta?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
How about a pic?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Put 300 through it the other day with no issues and it disassembles just fine now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top