Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2016 2:27:30 AM EDT
Long story short, I finally got around to cleaning my CZ 75D compact after going to the mountains a few weeks ago and i happened to notice a small ding on the bottom of the slide. I rubbed my finger crossed it and it has small bur on it. How do i fix this and/or does this effect the performance of the firearm?

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I would definitely make sure there is nothing sticking out on either side. Im sure it won't be effected but the real only way to is to run a few boxes of ammo though it just to make sure its functionality wasn't effected.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]
How did that happen?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I honestly have no idea how that could even happen... maybe a mag got jammed into the mag well too hard?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
That is nothing.  Just hit it with a small file to get it flush then use 600 grit wet and dry sandpaper to smooth it out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Fine file or stone will work too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is nothing.  Just hit it with a small file to get it flush then use 600 grit wet and dry sandpaper to smooth it out.
View Quote

Okay cool, any thoughts on what the functionality of that part is? looks like it rides above the ammo.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Okay cool, any thoughts on what the functionality of that part is? looks like it rides above the ammo.
View Quote

That center ridge strips the round from the magazine and sends it into the chamber.  

The smooth part recocks the hammer. Smooth so it cycles easily and doesn't wear the hammer out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Like said clean it up till it is smooth.  Also polish those slide rails clean up the tooling machine marks and polish them up it will smooth the trigger out some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top