Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 9:18:29 PM EDT
... is the perfect handgun. And I blame ARFCOM for making me buy one.

I carry my P09 all day every day, have shot a few hundred rounds through it so far, haven't found a single fault with it yet.

Thinking about dropping this thread in GD to see what happens. Maybe give the Glock/1911 guys a chance to come together in brotherhood on Christmas.

ETA: Also, of you don't currently own a Roomba, you owe it to yourself to get one. Especially if you have pets.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
... is the perfect handgun. And I blame ARFCOM for making me buy one.

I carry my P09 all day every day, have shot a few hundred rounds through it so far, haven't found a single fault with it yet.

Thinking about dropping this thread in GD to see what happens. Maybe give the Glock/1911 guys a chance to come together in brotherhood on Christmas.

ETA: Also, of you don't currently own a Roomba, you owe it to yourself to get one. Especially if you have pets.
View Quote

The P series guns truly are amazing. My P-07 feels and shoots better than a Glock or any other polymer gun I've owned or shot too.  My P-07 replaced a G 19 as my primary carry gun and I see a P-09 in my future.

There's a guy on the CZ forums who kills bullseye matches with a P-09. He says the look on the 1911 fanboys faces when he comes in first place with a $500 gun and a couple bucks worth of Cajun Gun Works parts is priceless.

Maybe eventually people will stop overlooking CZ's and figure out how absolutely amazing they are.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
PCR in the house.  Love it.  CZs are just fucking pure awesomeness.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a FDE P09 over the weekend. Not going to be able to shoot until Christmas though

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:56:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought a FDE P09 over the weekend. Not going to be able to shoot until Christmas though

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd205/axeeclipse/guns/IMG_20141213_140040955_HDR_zpslwg0qast.jpg
View Quote

Sweeeeeet

Only thing I would add to mine is a set of mepro sights. I would love an FDE CZ with a can, because why the hell not???
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The FDE comes standard with night sights. Which I believe are Mepro.

Since that's the only company I've seen make NS for CZ guns.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct. They are Mepro sights.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I own 2 P07's and a P09, I contend the P07 is superior for me, but the P09 is still pretty damn awesome.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up an FDE P09 a month ago. I put 100 rounds through it that weekend and put it in the safe. Something about it doesn't quite do it for me . Can't put my finger on what it is though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a few CZ's including a P-09

The Viridian X5L I got from Amazon fits perfectly. So once I pick up ~150 rounds of SD ammo to run through it, it will take over as nightstand gun. (100 rounds as feed/function check and 39 for 2 mags and 11 for good luck I guess)

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a few CZ's including a P-09

The Viridian X5L I got from Amazon fits perfectly. So once I pick up ~150 rounds of SD ammo to run through it, it will take over as nightstand gun. (100 rounds as feed/function check and 39 for 2 mags and 11 for good luck I guess)

View Quote

You won't have any reliability/feed issues with it. I've ran quite a few various types of defensive ammo through my P-07 without the first hiccup.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I started with a Glock, tried XDMs, then M&Ps and finally CZs.

The P07 resulted in a P09.  The P07 and P09 have resulted in the Glock, one XDM and both M&Ps going into the safe to grow old in the dark.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
PCR in the house.  Love it.  CZs are just fucking pure awesomeness.
View Quote

Almost got one of those as opposed to the P09, probably will in the future anyway just for good measure.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I regularly bust clays at 100 yards with my P09 and I'm not even that good with handguns.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish the mags were cheaper.  Other than that I would tend to agree with these comments
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#15]
OK stirring up pot.  SP01 vs P09 from folks that own/shoot both.

honest opinions only.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

honest opinions only.  
View Quote

SP-01 for me. Although there's a price gap so I guess it's not a totally fair comparison.

Feels better, muzzle flip is almost non existent...just an amazing firearm.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wish the mags were cheaper.  Other than that I would tend to agree with these comments
View Quote

When Mecgar starts making P Series mags... I shall be a happy camper.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

honest opinions only.  
View Quote

For carry, I'll take the P 09 all day.  That said, the SP 01 is a sweeeeet shooting gun.  Have you ever fired one in 9mm?  That steel frame just soaks up the recoil. It's like shooting a BB gun.  But the P 09 is also a great gun, and what , two hundred  bucks less than the SP 01.  Impact Guns has the P 09 in stock for 455.00. They have the P 07 for 370.00.  You really cant beat the P 09 /07 for value.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The CZ75 mags work fine in both my P07's, so at least there's that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#20]
If the P09 worked with my Kadet kit I'd go buy one this week.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#21]

The SP-01 Phantom was my full time carry pistol. After Cajum Gun Works got done with my P-09, it became, hands down, my carry pistol. I can't put the targets closer than 25 yards - feels like cheating.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correcto! I put about 300 rounds through it last weekend. Got off from work earlier than expected Only thing needed to do was adjust the rear sight. Shot wayyy left out of the box. Now thats its sighted in....was hitting steel out to 100 yards pretty consistent  then got lucky at 200  :) Happy happy happy!

So far....I love the ergos. Coming from Glocks its a huge improvement. I like the rail space, smooth trigger action. Everything about this weapon is smooth and refined. Im going to put on the safety selector and see how i like that. I also tried out all three grips....im sticking with the large one for me. Perfect fit.

So far no complaints, nothing that I can see that needs changing out to make it better. Perfection out of the box.

ETA: Im not going to clean this handgun until there is some kind of function error. I do this with all newly acquired weapons. Have not had one with my glock 30sf or glock 19 after about 1500 rounds through each one. Then i figured that may take awhile before they did lol so theyre cleaned now. Im curious how the CZ will perform since tolerances are noticeably tighter than the Glocks. I may even roll her around in the dirt/mud a bit as well to spice things up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I wanted to love the P-09 so badly & then I tried the trigger......................    
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wanted to love the P-09 so badly & then I tried the trigger......................    
View Quote

You're the only person I've ever come across to complain about the P series triggers. The DA could be better, but the SA is one of the best out the box triggers out there in the price range.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I cant afford another pistol but a P09 is on my list.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You're the only person I've ever come across to complain about the P series triggers. The DA could be better, but the SA is one of the best out the box triggers out there in the price range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then we must have different standards for trigger, IMO. I have a 75-SA with a wonderful trigger & my Tactical Sport had a wonderful trigger that needed NO work, ever. My H&K's don't need trigger work, my S&W revolvers damn sure don't, etc. etc.

I'm not asking for an Anschutz level trigger, but sweet jesus, can't it be something less than dragging a match across sandpaper?  
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Then we must have different standards for trigger, IMO. I have a 75-SA with a wonderful trigger & my Tactical Sport had a wonderful trigger that needed NO work, ever. My H&K's don't need trigger work, my S&W revolvers damn sure don't, etc. etc.

I'm not asking for an Anschutz level trigger, but sweet jesus, can't it be something less than dragging a match across sandpaper?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like how all those guns cost much more than the P series guns do, as I eluded to in my post had you read it.

Like I said, MANY people say how good the P series SA triggers are. Could they be better - yeah. But there's nothing better that I've shot in there price range.
And unless you're exaggerating about the "dragging a match across sandpaper" crap, you just got a bad trigger -  because they just aren't that bad.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I like how all those guns cost much more than the P series guns do, as I eluded to in my post had you read it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Last *I* checked, *your* posts weren't required reading for arfcom...............  

Like I said, MANY people say how good the P series SA triggers are. Could they be better - yeah. But there's nothing better that I've shot in there price range.
And unless you're exaggerating about the "dragging a match across sandpaper" crap, you just got a bad trigger -  because they just aren't that bad.

The Beretta 92FS is in the same "price range", IMO. Much better trigger on them. S&W revolvers are often in the same "price range", ditto. And no, I didn't get a "bad trigger". They've all felt like grinding across gravel when I dry fired one. I know this isn't GD, but don't assume someone doesn't know CZ's when they complain about their triggers. I've been shooting mine for years, all with damn good triggers.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Last *I* checked, *your* posts weren't required reading for arfcom...............  

The Beretta 92FS is in the same "price range", IMO. Much better trigger on them. S&W revolvers are often in the same "price range", ditto. And no, I didn't get a "bad trigger". They've all felt like grinding across gravel when I dry fired one. I know this isn't GD, but don't assume someone doesn't know CZ's when they complain about their triggers. I've been shooting mine for years, all with damn good triggers.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would consider my P-09 to have a "combat" trigger, like most AR's. One could either get a Cajun setup or leave it alone, as there are many offerings for AR's as well. The CZ trigger is sufficiently smooth for my needs, and while I don't feel the sandpaper you're talking about, many folks are sticklers in the trigger department.

The difference between the 92 and CZ is the 19 round mag capacity, the decocker that can easily be reached with a thumb, and POSSIBLY weight, as I haven't weighed them. I'm still convinced that the P-07/P-09 is unparalleled as a combat sidearm with the features mentioned coupled with the changeable back straps, low bore centerline, high reliability and low cost.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#30]
My P-07's SA trigger is quite smooth for a factory trigger and has about a 3.7 lb pull out the box. That's a good trigger. No grit, no random walls you hit in the middle of the pull, etc. Don't know what there is to complain about, really. Only thing I'd ask for is a slightly shorter reset, but the pull itself is great - and that's even comparing it to my SP-01 after getting it back from CGW with the race hammer, SRS, polishing, springs, etc.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 12:43:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it bugs you that much throw a Beretta D-hammer-spring in it (the P09) and call it done. It'll work just fine, function flawlessly, and will improve the DA trigger pull greatly. How much is a Beretta D spring, what $4 ?  No custom trigger job required. No sending the gun off. just throw a D spring in it. All of 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If it bugs you that much throw a Beretta D-hammer-spring in it (the P09) and call it done. It'll work just fine, function flawlessly, and will improve the DA trigger pull greatly. How much is a Beretta D spring, what $4 ?  No custom trigger job required. No sending the gun off. just throw a D spring in it. All of 2 minutes.
View Quote

It's not the weight of the trigger pull that is off-putting but the smoothness of the pull itself.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's not the weight of the trigger pull that is off-putting but the smoothness of the pull itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine and every other P series CZ I've shot is smooth. Significantly smoother than other SA/DA guns I've handled...
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Mine and every other P series CZ I've shot is smooth. Significantly smoother than other SA/DA guns I've handled...
View Quote

Seriously? Have you never shot a Beretta 92FS? Especially one with its springs replaced for $12? Or a CZ-75? Or even a Sig?

Yes, I realize the P series isn't a $700 gun & thus it won't have a $700 trigger. But CZ should/could make them at least as good as the 75 series, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Seriously? Have you never shot a Beretta 92FS? Especially one with its springs replaced for $12? Or a CZ-75? Or even a Sig?

Yes, I realize the P series isn't a $700 gun & thus it won't have a $700 trigger. But CZ should/could make them at least as good as the 75 series, IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously? Do you read - at all? I own an SP-01 with all the CGW parts in it that are available.  The P series isn't as good as that but even in comparison it's a fine, smooth trigger.

I realize you're fixated on saying how bad yours is.  The reality is you're literally the only person I've ever seen complain about the P series triggers between both here and over at CZ forums... I think you can understand why I say I truly believe you have a one-off bad trigger.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:13:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I picked up an FDE P09 a month ago. I put 100 rounds through it that weekend and put it in the safe. Something about it doesn't quite do it for me . Can't put my finger on what it is though.
View Quote

when do you want to sell this to me? :D
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Seriously? Do you read - at all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I shall refrain from my usual response as this isn't GD.....................  

I realize you're fixated on saying how bad yours is.  The reality is you're literally the only person I've ever seen complain about the P series triggers between both here and over at CZ forums... I think you can understand why I say I truly believe you have a one-off bad trigger.

I would throw back at you the "do you even read?" part, but I won't. I don't own one, never claimed to own one. What I did write/say was every trigger I tried all felt the same:  gritty. And yes, I've dry fired several in hoping I would find one with a CZ-quality trigger.

As for the rest of your diatribe, I could care less whom is happy with a gritty trigger. All I can suggest is that y'all need to step up to better guns in the CZ line, if not others.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I would throw back at you the "do you even read?" part, but I won't. I don't own one, never claimed to own one. What I did write/say was every trigger I tried all felt the same:  gritty. And yes, I've dry fired several in hoping I would find one with a CZ-quality trigger.

As for the rest of your diatribe, I could care less whom is happy with a gritty trigger. All I can suggest is that y'all need to step up to better guns in the CZ line, if not others.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're not gritty. You're the only one that thinks that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trying to trade it for another Glock at the moment.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:57:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They're not gritty. You're the only one that thinks that.
View Quote

Sure I am................  
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't remember many people complaining about the P-09 trigger myself, not me with mine, either. I have a tendency to talk to a lot of CZ owners. I understand you didn't buy one, and there's nothing wrong with not liking it - I really didn't like the trigger fit or feel of the Beretta 92FS we had on the rental range back in the day, either, but that's simple preference, nothing more. I also sent my CZ P-09 to Cajun Gun Works in Monroe, LA, for his Pro Package, and I am VERY happy with the result. It makes my Phantom trigger FEEL gritty and long IN COMPARISON, but not in reality I've been accused of getting a trigger job done on my P-01, but that's just thousands of rounds worth of smoooothness....
All comes down to individual taste.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#42]
I have shot the P09 twice and it was awesome....no gritty trigger at all, and a really nice crisp break and reset for SA.  I own a Walther PPQ and VP9 (among others) and although the CZ is not in the same league as those, it is still very good IMO.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Strangely enough all the ones Mr. BobCole shot is gritty...hm, go figure...

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Strangely enough all the ones Mr. BobCole shot is gritty...hm, go figure...

View Quote

Go back & re-read. I've never claimed to have shot a single one, only dry fired them.

All I can say is y'all need to get your hands on some good triggers. Start with the CZ 75SA, IMO...............  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#45]
I am at the SHOT Show this week & will certainly be speaking to CZ about the P-09 trigger. I'll post back what they say.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#46]
I've been going back and forth on what my next purchase will be.  It'll be  a VP9 or a P 09
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am at the SHOT Show this week & will certainly be speaking to CZ about the P-09 trigger. I'll post back what they say.
View Quote

Cool, let us know how they get nothing but compliments on how nice the triggers on the P series guns are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top