Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2013 4:12:10 PM EDT
Press Release
CZ Pics

Merry Christmas to ME!  Wanted to pop in to drop the ARFCOM happy dance on the CZ forum where it will hopefully be appreciated.  And just to pizz off people here and on the range that sucker will never see a display case.  I'm gonna show my CZ fandom by shooting that sucker.  The benefit of being an older fart is I don't care who says, "I wouldn't shoot 1 of 75 if it were me".  I've sold a heck of a lot of guns for CZ (especially those 452 model 22LR rifles my kids and I shoot) and I've always maintained CZ is one of the best field rifles/pistols for the dollar.  I spent an extra dollar or two on this one just for bragging rights but it goes to the field like the rest of the CZ's.  HECK YEAH!!!!!

Kentucky Gun Company link to out of stock notice as soon as I got order confirmation.  I guess I got the last one they had (or the only one they had for all I know).  
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#2]
So much for CZ not making anymore of these. Like they originally said.

If you wouldn't mind. Would you post a few pics when you get your new pistol? I'm curious as to exactly what it looks like. I'm guessing that instead of "African, Asian, N. America, edition" etc engraved on the right side. It'll say "World Class".

I've got an African Edition. I'd love to shoot it, but I won't I've got plenty of other 75s to shoot.

edit:
Just had another thought. I wonder if the "world class" gun is one of the polished and engraved 75s that were done for the US market back in 2011. It wouldn't be the first time that pictures and descriptions were mixed up.

Link Posted: 11/22/2013 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you wouldn't mind. Would you post a few pics when you get your new pistol? I'm curious as to exactly what it looks like. I'm guessing that instead of "African, Asian, N. America, edition" etc engraved on the right side. It'll say "World Class".

I've got an African Edition. I'd love to shoot it, but I won't I've got plenty of other 75s to shoot.

edit:
Just had another thought. I wonder if the "world class" gun is one of the polished and engraved 75s that were done for the US market back in 2011. It wouldn't be the first time that pictures and descriptions were mixed up.

View Quote

I'll let the hive know what I got.  Your guess is one of the possibilities I hadn't considered.  My first guess was a stockroom misfiling that was corrected at Kentucky Gun.  They are a volume dealer so I have no problem believing something ended up in the wrong part of the warehouse sat awhile and was discovered and properly filed recently.  The other thing is that CZ is sometimes just odd.  If you've been around the CZ rifle side of things you know periodically things will show up in nonstandard/non-catalog configurations and only certain US vendors will get the odd stock (high end walnut on something that should have been birch or beech), stainless steel or matte on a rifle that was supposed to be blued, that weird European Parker Hale threading on a rifle that wasn't supposed to be threaded (I have one of those), or an odd sight setup, etc. and when the word hits the discussion boards that vendor gets cleaned out of the odd configuration.  Of course, something may have not made it here last year for no particular reason and it randomly got stuck on one of this year's boats.  With CZ sometimes life is definitely like a box of chocolates.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'll let the hive know what I got.  Your guess is one of the possibilities I hadn't considered.  My first guess was a stockroom misfiling that was corrected at Kentucky Gun.  They are a volume dealer so I have no problem believing something ended up in the wrong part of the warehouse sat awhile and was discovered and properly filed recently.  The other thing is that CZ is sometimes just odd.  If you've been around the CZ rifle side of things you know periodically things will show up in nonstandard/non-catalog configurations and only certain US vendors will get the odd stock (high end walnut on something that should have been birch or beech), stainless steel or matte on a rifle that was supposed to be blued, that weird European Parker Hale threading on a rifle that wasn't supposed to be threaded (I have one of those), or an odd sight setup, etc. and when the word hits the discussion boards that vendor gets cleaned out of the odd configuration.  Of course, something may have not made it here last year for no particular reason and it randomly got stuck on one of this year's boats.  With CZ sometimes life is definitely like a box of chocolates.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

edit:

I know what you mean. Back in 2011 a few guns showed up at at a few retailers with a certain product code/number. According to the product code it would should have been these:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/Master_Mold/czpolice_zps80947b1b.png
That's obviously a 75 BD POLICE model. At the time, no POLICE models had showed up in years in the US. And they were somewhat rare. The first thing that's easy to identify that it's not a regular BD is the word "POLICE" on the slide.

But instead of the above, this showed up:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/Master_Mold/DSC00890.jpg
It was marked as a POLICE model gun on the label, by the product code. And it has all the updated features of the POLICE mode. But instead of "POLICE" on the slide, it has front cocking serrations on a normal BD slide (which don't have them). None of the basic 75s have ever had front cocking serrations. The slide has a loaded chamber indicator, like all POLICE models, as well as all the upgrades are on the frame.

No one knows where or how these POLICE models came from. (They were made in 08, but showed up in 11). The most likely scenario, is that these were or were a part of a military or government contract somewhere.

It was simply a random thing that showed up and haven't been seen before than, or since.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:35:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Kygunco had one of the Asian editions yesterday morning as well (I'm guessing they found one of each.). Nice to see that yours will be getting used.

My "po1" marked box had a 75d compact in it which was fine, but a little strange.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Kygunco had one of the Asian editions yesterday morning as well (I'm guessing they found one of each.). Nice to see that yours will be getting used.

My "po1" marked box had a 75d compact in it which was fine, but a little strange.
View Quote

Is your gun a railed one? The reason I ask is because the name "P01" is the name of the gun here in the US market. Everywhere else the PO1 is the 75D (as marked on the slide). A few times, guns that were intended originally for other markets come here because of demand.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I always loved the early style CZs, round trigger guard, no firing pin block... beautiful
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for posting and glad you are going to shoot it vs. hiding it in a safe.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is your gun a railed one? The reason I ask is because the name "P01" is the name of the gun here in the US market. Everywhere else the PO1 is the 75D (as marked on the slide). A few times, guns that were intended originally for other markets come here because of demand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's railed.  No NSN # either so it was one of the batch made last year after they changed the spring in the slide and before the new version was NSN approved again.  I picked it up last spring when cz was importing leftovers and figured it was made for the euro market. Aside from the rollmark it was in every way a po1 (now heavily modified anyway.)
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Wasn't sure if anyone else was wanting one of these, but Collectors in Houston has 2 of them.  #34 of 75, World Edition and #64 of 75, Asia Edition @ $950 each.

Links deliberately left cold and I'm hoping I'm not stepping on toes sharing these.
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/cz-75-9mm-pr25149-new-price-may-change-without-notice/  #34 World
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/cz-75-9mm-pr25148-new-price-may-change-without-notice/  #64 Asia
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Good for you on taking it out and shooting it.  It is a fantastic looking pistol, and should be seen and fawned over at a range, not stuck in some safe. :D
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Pics as requested:

Not great pics, but pics.  The certificate was dated November 2011, so who knows where it has been in the interim.

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Superb.

Does that have a FPB. It looks like it does.
View Quote

It does have a firing pin block.  
My FFL is Czech and translated some of the documents for me to show off.  When he saw how stoked I was about the pistol he just said, "Merry Christmas".  No FFL fee.

Link Posted: 12/2/2013 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Sweet!!  That really is a great find, and one that I did not know they made.  Enjoy shooting it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top