Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2013 6:37:49 PM EDT
I am in the market for a 9mm CZ pistol , and have been for a long time.  I finally found a source that has what I want in stock, but before I pull the trigger, I have a few questions.

I held a cz 75 B matte stainless at a gun show about a year ago, but didn't have the funds at the time.  The gun felt amazing in my hand like we were meant to be.

I loved the feel and look of this pistol, but wonder about the polished model,

Can anyone who has had either or both lean me one way or the other on matte vs polished stainless?

Also, does anyone have any complaints about the standard CZ75B model, as this is what I am looking at.  

Are there any upgrades that are necessary, or worth ordering, or is this gun as good as I hear it is out of the box standard?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a CZ forum out there that has a bunch of discussion on the matte vs. stainless models.  I was really considering a limited edition stainless (was a brushed finish) before I bought my Shadow.  As I recall, the guys with matte finishes have said they typically mark up very easily, and that the stainless ones don't.  Note that they've made the stainless models in two frame styles - the old style with a stubby beavertail, and the new style with a more "1911"-ish beavertail.  I happen to like the new style a lot better.

In terms of upgrades, that's up to you.  Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom both sell lots of different parts to improve the trigger pull, swap sights, change safeties, etc.  Unless you've got a specific need (i.e, competition), I'd buy it and shoot it for a while, then change out what you think you want to improve.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#2]
To me the bright stainless just screams BBQ gun, and I would have to get some awesome grips to match.  For utility, I would prefer the matte (I have others like that, but not a CZ).  My 75B is the black polycoat, and it has held up very well.

If you prefer the upswept beaver tail, then look for that with the newer frames.  The biggest all time complaint in new CZ 75B's has got to be the factory trigger.  Initially it is very rough, but will smooth out with time.  Get the pistol, dry fire and shoot a bunch, then decide.

Link Posted: 10/9/2013 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
What do you want it for?

Because that would dictate my decision.  CZ makes quite a few frame types.  Standard 75B, alloy frames, compact, with and without a light rail.

Personally, I own a P-01.  Alloy framed compact with a rail and decocker.  That made sense for my application.
As for the finish, unless it's just a showpiece, I'm not a big fan of polished stainless.

Although, you could have it torn down and bead blasted for a matte stainless finish.
I had that done on my 1911 and like it quite a bit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both .  The Matte and the polished Stainless.  The polished is very polished. Think Harley Chrome bright. I like the  matte since its a little less flashy. Out of the two I would choose the Matte if I  could only do one.

As for any CZ 75s. I  have it hard for the Shadows  as compared to the regular 75s.  tread carefully my friend CZ's are a drug.  And  I considered myself a SIG guy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd say get the polished stainless, it'd be easier to keep looking good. If you get tired of the flash, have it bead blasted. It's kind of pimptastic, but it's a good looking gun, especially with some nice grips. For example....
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the stainless like the one above but with cocobolo wood grips. I like it alot! It cleans up real nice......
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd say get the polished stainless, it'd be easier to keep looking good. If you get tired of the flash, have it bead blasted. It's kind of pimptastic, but it's a good looking gun, especially with some nice grips. For example....
http://www.ppdbillet.com/images/CZ-plate-3.jpg
View Quote

That looks outstanding

ETA:  What are those grips?
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To me the bright stainless just screams BBQ gun, and I would have to get some awesome grips to match.  For utility, I would prefer the matte (I have others like that, but not a CZ).  My 75B is the black polycoat, and it has held up very well.

If you prefer the upswept beaver tail, then look for that with the newer frames.  The biggest all time complaint in new CZ 75B's has got to be the factory trigger.  Initially it is very rough, but will smooth out with time.  Get the pistol, dry fire and shoot a bunch, then decide.

http://www.czfirearms.us/ is the forum.
View Quote

That's why I bought one. Good for open carry functions. That and it's just different than what I normally buy. When comparing the matte vs. polished. I prefer the polished.

I've never owned a matte. But from reading and discussing with others, the polished does hold up a little bit better cosmetically. But the nice thing about stainless steel. You can generally get it to look how you want. I've seen folks take their matte guns and polished them up really nice. And vice versa. Though you probably won't get a matte to look as polished as a polished 75.

The trigger may be the only thing you'll wanna change. Like has been said already. It will get better with use. But you may want to do some work on it.

The standard 75b will serve you well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What do you want it for?

Because that would dictate my decision.  CZ makes quite a few frame types.  Standard 75B, alloy frames, compact, with and without a light rail.

Personally, I own a P-01.  Alloy framed compact with a rail and decocker.  That made sense for my application.
As for the finish, unless it's just a showpiece, I'm not a big fan of polished stainless.

Although, you could have it torn down and bead blasted for a matte stainless finish.
I had that done on my 1911 and like it quite a bit.
View Quote

This

I bought mine for range use / HD pistol, so I wanted night sights and a rail for a light. This lead me to the SP-01.

As too upgrades / aftermarket parts, the only thing I did was a set of VZ grips. They are thinner than the stock rubber grips and I like the texture allot better. I have smaller hands, so the thinner grip really felt much nicer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#10]
The matte stainless will scuff easier. That polished one is for show and to impress. Imagine try shooting that outside on a sunny day. I'm blind!  Does look cool in a pimp way
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Ive had a matte for about two years now and it always gets the looks at the range.  It even gets better looking by taking the stock grips off.

I have a polished stainless ordered and Im not sure which direction Im going to take it yet.

So my advice, in classic arfcom style, get both!

Link Posted: 10/13/2013 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I just bought the sp01.  Really like how the gun feels in my hand.  So far I have 300 rounds thru the gun.  No FTE or FTF.  Very accurate as well.  Ordered a holster.  Will come sometime this month.  Until then I will continue to put rounds down range and when I'm comfortable it will be my Ccw gun.

From my research it does not look like you can go wrong with any CZ model.

I might replace the grips for Christmas.  Will see.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.ppdbillet.com/images/CZ-plate-3.jpg
View Quote

I just put a used one of these on layaway with red stain CZ wood grips.  Soon to have my first BBQ gun.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Ive had a matte for about two years now and it always gets the looks at the range.  It even gets better looking by taking the stock grips off.

I have a polished stainless ordered and Im not sure which direction Im going to take it yet.

So my advice, in classic arfcom style, get both!

http://www.go-itech.com/cz75b.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#15]

I shot an IDPA match a couple weeks ago with a guy who was shooting a polished, stainless 75B.  Man, that sucker shined in the daytime sun!  It was blinding and it was awesome.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top