Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2002 10:07:37 AM EDT
I am thinking about buying a CZ 75 from
J & G sales in AZ they have been offering the pistol with one 10 round mag, one 15 round mag, and with a match grade barrel in blue for $350.00.

I was wondering if;

1. Is it an accurate/reliable pistol?
2. What kind of action does it have, i.e., DAO, DA then SA similar to the Beretta 92F or is it SA only?
3. Are the mags compatibly with the Browning HP?

Any other info would be appreciated but I am most interested in how the action works.

Thanks in advance,
DOCPIG
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
OK, it goes like this:

1) It is very accurate (about the same as my Sigs) and very reliable (again the same as my Sigs, i.e. 100%)

2) They can come in a variety of ways, but the J&G ones, as most, are traditional SA/DA.  The safety however operates like a .45, so you can leave the gun cocked-and-locked.  So you get the best of bothe owrlds in that you can have a DA carry gun, or a SA carry gun.

3)No, they are not compatible with anything but a CZ.  TZ-75 (Italian clone) mags will sometimes work, soemtimes not.  The good things is the mags aren't that expensive compared to the other hi-caps.  

The action is pure Browning.  It uses two locking lugs on the barrel/slide like the M1911 and a cam with the slide lock pin like the Hi-power.  The trigger is SA/DA like I said, and is very light and smooth.  The sights are good combat sights.  They are easy to see, big enough to use easy, but not large enough to get hung-up on anything.  The slide rides on the inside of the frame.  The frame rails are machines on the inside of the slide.  This keeps the slide from spreading out at the bottom and getting loose over time.  The $1000+ Sig P210 uses the same type set-up for the same reason.  It retains accuracy fro quite a long time.  

Historically the gun has been always one of the "top choices" in a 9mm because it was a great gun.  It also had a mystic about it because they weren't imported into the US in any large numbers.  GIs in W. Germany bought many and brought them back legally, and there were two batches brought in over the years, but until the end of the Cold War you just couldn't get one easily.  That of course added to it's reputation, because people always want what they can't have.  Still, those that were available were highly sought after.  

When CZ set-up here in the US they sold off the overruns of a Turkish military contract to break into the US market with a good gun at a low price.  It was a pretty good move, and has resulted in them being established and able to move many of their other products.  The low cost of the CZ-75 is just a benifit.  Back when you couldn't get them, they cost about $750 if you could find one.  To put it in perspective, this is when you could buy a new Colt GM for $450.

Get them at the good price while you can.  The price will continue to climb as the demand does.

Ross
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Ross I appreciate the response.
I will have to add one to my collection.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I concur.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The CZ75 design is accurate, Ross summed it up well he
The CZ75B Mil is also one of the only handguns you can get now that still comes with a high capacity magazine.  Get them while you can, supplies are limited < infact, they are almost depleted>.

- Sulaco
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top