Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2012 7:35:48 AM EDT
I remember some of the old Makarovs that came into this country a while ago were refitted with 380 barrels and they were good to go with their original mags.  Can this be done for the CZ82?  I like the fact that its a C&R but dont like the Makarov round.  Anyone?
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#1]
If you look at the shotgun news ad you will see that the gun is also made in .380 also. Go to CZ USA online and you can get brand new guns. At least the last time I looked you could. IMHO tho' I don't think you could ever really tell anything but a paper difference in the two rounds performance-wise. I have a CZ 83 in .380 that is one of the most accurate pistols I have ever owned. Off bags, I can get 1.5-2 inch groups at 25 yds using Federal hydroshoks. The fixed barrel has a lot to do with it's accuracy. They are, in a word, breat guns. 44
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks but the '82 is C&R and, I believe, the '83 is not

Quoted:
If you look at the shotgun news ad you will see that the gun is also made in .380 also. Go to CZ USA online and you can get brand new guns. At least the last time I looked you could. IMHO tho' I don't think you could ever really tell anything but a paper difference in the two rounds performance-wise. I have a CZ 83 in .380 that is one of the most accurate pistols I have ever owned. Off bags, I can get 1.5-2 inch groups at 25 yds using Federal hydroshoks. The fixed barrel has a lot to do with it's accuracy. They are, in a word, breat guns. 44

Link Posted: 3/10/2012 5:57:54 AM EDT
[#3]
While I don't know for sure, I might guess that the cost of a CZ-82 plus the cost of a .380 replacement barrel plus labor (if that can be done due to product specs), would likely exceed the cost of a new CZ-83 in .380, plus you would also have a 3 yr warranty on the new 83, but no warranty on the 82. In addition, while it is a very sturdy gun, the CZ-82 is already at least 30 years old. Buy the 82 as a Collector piece, and a new 83 to shoot. I have had an 83 for 10 years now, and it is one of my favorite guns. As for carrying a .380, I would prefer the 83 over, say a PPK/S, but as a double stack it's a tad wide for carry unless you have a good holster, and I do not have one (although I have not looked for one). For the few times I have carried, I have used the PPK/S.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes you can. They're not very hard to replace. So if you can do it yourself, it wouldn't be that bad. Buy the cheapest 82 you can find. Don't worry about the finish. They're not hard to re finish. I would recommend buying an 83. If you find an 82 with a .380 barrel, you can't legally buy it with a C&R anyway. It's not in it's original form anymore. Most dealers wouldn't realize that but some would.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Any ideas on where to get a 380 barrel. I know CZ has them for $100. Cheaper place? Used is fine. Also, where is the cheapest place to get replacement parts and mags?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top