Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2010 6:46:18 PM EDT
Bersa 380 with 550 rounds of ball ammo for $400. Box, papers, factory 7rd mag and 9rd extended mag. Owner says he bought it in Jan. of this year for the wifey and she now wants a 9mm. Claims all is well, weapon functions as it should, yada, yada, yada. I've seen pictures, looks ok. Ammo is Win. and Privi Part. ball. I think due to the ammo its a deal in itself? Arfcom says what? This is for my wife. b/c she is petite (no double stack mags allowed), doesn't deal well with recoil and ALWAYS says "Its SO heavy"!!!!!  

GM15
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been thinking of getting one too. Look like good little guns. Give us a range report when you have one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my wife one about 10 years ago and she still loves it. She has small hands and it
fits her fine.

Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:24:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Great deal , especially with the .380 rounds thrown in.
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, just got back from picking up the weapon. As advertised, looks as new, round count about 140 down the pipe. Owner said no malfunctions in that
range time. I don't know why he let it all go so cheap? No complaints though. No yellow form which is always a plus! He threw in the remainder of his .380 since he didn't have any use for it. So, ended up with 620 rounds. That will provide a lot practice for the wife. I'll reply with a range report when we're able to go.  
Wife likes it, weight is good and fits her hand well.

GM15
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#5]
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2896/bersa3809.jpg
Love mine.
They go for $200+ used around here.
Having the 380 ammo is a real plus since it is either hard to find or expensive.
Best of luck with it!
Link Posted: 5/16/2010 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#6]
i've got a .380 thunder CC that i carry I.W.B. no holster at aorund 4 o clock. works great. although the wife does laugh at the "imprint" it leaves on the top of the 'ol cheek. you'd be surprised how much adhesion cold steel and sweat provides. never had a problem with it moving at all.
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and have handled and fired a few others. Good, reliable guns. A good value. It's on the large side, for a .380 and the grip feels much bigger than it needs to be. Otherwise, I like mine. The thing I like most about it is that it's a pre lock and had exactly 13 rounds through it when I got it last year with the box and papers for $175.00.
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
We have one too. Another one of those inexpensive guns that out-performs it's price point.

Fixed barrel blow back, good ergos, and a little heft make it a great ladies gun IMHO. Too bad 380 is so darn hard to come by now...
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2896/bersa3809.jpg
Love mine.
They go for $200+ used around here.
Having the 380 ammo is a real plus since it is either hard to find or expensive.
Best of luck with it!

I have that gun too. Great fun to shoot. Reliability has been impeccable. Not a bad deal at all
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well, just got back from picking up the weapon. As advertised, looks as new, round count about 140 down the pipe. Owner said no malfunctions in that

range time. I don't know why he let it all go so cheap? No complaints though. No yellow form which is always a plus!
He threw in the remainder of his .380 since he didn't have any use for it. So, ended up with 620 rounds. That will provide a lot practice for the wife. I'll reply with a range report when we're able to go.  

Wife likes it, weight is good and fits her hand well.

GM15

Put some loctite on the grip screws now and save yourself the hassle of trying to figure out where they landed later.

Also to the guy a few posts up, buy a holster. Sheesh.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Pseudo Range Report - Wife and I finally got out to the country and shot the little Bersa. At 10 yards, off hand, shots all with in a 10 inch pattern. This was ball 95 grain Blazer. Didn't try any other brand of ammo. Flawless function. Ran about eight mags thru it.  The Bersa performed about what I would expect from a pocket pistol. Next time we'll run some hollow point thru it. We were shooting with some friends and it was a laid back fun shoot. Wife and I shot about the same size group.

Friend brought out a Springfield 1911 and I couldn't believe how that gun grouped. Follow ups to the bulls eye. Had the Glock 23 out for another outing and it is always a fun flawless shoot.

Thanks for all the reply's and input. Wife likes the little Bersa.

GM15
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Horrible piles of crap. I work at one of the warranty centers for Bersa. I get an average of 3 in per week, sometimes 10, sometimes 2, but never less than 2 per week. The barrels are not under warranty and have an issue with bulging. The sear/disconnector bars are soft and often poorly fit. The mags suck, mag catch slot on the slide is cut wrong on a lot of slides I see.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Use only factory mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top