Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2003 10:56:50 AM EDT
I've recently acquired one of these, I'm impressed with the quality, but I cannot find any real reviews of them. Anyone else had any experience with them?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been thinking about the M9 since someone here suggested it once.

Hows the trigger?

--LS
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
the trigger is much crisper (is that a word?) than my Glock is, but it is still a little spongy. Not that it bothers me in any way, I'm not trying to make 100 yard shots with it, at 15 - 25 feet, I'm not worried about something that minor.

I am debating on using this thing for a instructor's course I'm taking in the spring, has anyone heard about reliability?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the hallowed ground where there is no mod?

can i post my BOTD pics here?

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
how long do i haveto wait between posting?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this where we can post questions about the semi custom manufacture 1911's like the wilson, brown, baer, etc.??
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
so whats the difference in durability between aconed barrel and a standard bushing model.  can you wear out a frame with a coned barrel?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Sheesh, I go away for a little while and this happens to my thread.

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought an M40 a few years back, right after firing the one my brother bought.  Since I am a big fan of polymer guns (many Glocks of all sizes), it seemed like a natural thing to do.  And boy do I like it.  So much, that when I saw more Steyr's reduced at a gunshow, I bought two more, another 40 and a 9mm.  The M9 is one of the faster shooting pistols I own, thanks to the low boreline.  The grip angle takes a little getting used to, but the functioning has always been 100% (and I run lots of junky cast bullet reloads along with white box Winchester).  I consider trigger pulls to be about equal to Glock (not exactly a compliment, but not a horrendous insult either).  Since M40s cost considerably less that Glocks, I have encouraged friends to buy them too.  All reports have been positive.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, I went and bought 3 M9s for my business, if they sell well I'm going to get the M40 or the M357.

I've finally gotten to fire the M9 and I agree that it shoots NICE. I'm taking an instructor course in the spring and I think I'll be using it for the course.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#10]
just got an M40, great shooter, better trigger than my glocks, less recoil than most .40s i have fired.

anyone know where i can get 3 dot sights to replace those goofy triangular things?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
usasteyr.com sells replacement sights.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#12]
All I know about them is that they didn't sell well in my neck of the woods.  I used to work at a Firearms shop and most people looked hard but couldn't get past the site's and the grip angle.

I'm not sure but for me, and most of the customers that I showed the Steyr to, when you just throw the pistol up as if point shooting, the sites almost always appeared to be gunning for aircraft. (Sights lined up way high)  It just didn't seem to point naturally.  I do recall finding a customer who swore that they were dead on for him everytime.  I think he had smaller hands than I did. I Can't recall if he purchased it or not.

I also have a competition buddy (USPSA) That had bought one and I never knew he had it till he took it to a gunshow and sold it.  Apparently he was not at all happy with it.  

My .02 for what's it worth.

Sly
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#13]
A combat pistol it is not, but it works good for me as a CCW for work. But your right, it took some getting used to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top