Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2003 4:54:18 PM EDT
We just got back from the CrossRoads Gunshow, and my father expressed an interest in picking up a cheap 9mm that we could use to plink with, and to finish off our 500 round stash (plus whatever other cheap stuff we've got saved from our previous 9mm).

Now, this Hi-Point C9 was $125, and for that price, I was a little weary myself, eventhough it wasn't my purchase. Granted, I'm a little spoiled when it comes to guns, so I kept looking at Hi-Powers, Kahrs, etc. But for something that will only be used to pop tin cans and stuff, would this work? It felt a LOT better than the Jennings Bryco or whatever, but it was still VERY blocky and top heavy feeling. Is this something that we should avoid? It said it came with a lifetime warranty, so is there a website we could check out? Thank you.

Nick
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes their website is: www.hi-pointfirearms.com Hi-Points are made in America. They have lifetime, no-questions asked repair policy. All guns are designed to handle +P ammunition, as well as hollow points. They even make carbines in 9mm, and .40 cal. I have their Model JHP .45 with polymer frame, and it is a little heavy and boxy, but it shoots very well, and has not given me any trouble in about 1000 rounds. You can not go wrong with these firearms. Some police are useing the 9mm carbines, and have said that they are better than the ruger 9mm carbines.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
John, thanks! Sounds like a good plinker then. I'll be sure to pass this on to my father.

Nick
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Loved my carbine. "Bohr", a member here who never shows up, had a 9mm pistol. The mags are  apain to load, and it would jam every once in awhile.

Was fun to shoot, and never had to worry about it grenading in my face like a glock 23!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top