Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 1:04:42 PM EDT
I got to look at one the other day? And a P90 pretty cool! SG1

I kinda like the Idea of ne recoil and 20rd mag?

Anyone have the FN handgun? I think its 5.7 I forgot?

How accurate are they?
any problems?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Individual Officer's Model version on the 5.7. It is a very neat gun. I don't think with current loadings that it is good enough for a defensive firearm. The ammo price is high right now, making it unsuitable for a plinker. However, it is the most fun handgun I have to shoot. In fact, I'm taking it out tomorrow to have some fun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Can we reload them ?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure. In fact, I'm in the brass saving mode these days.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I bet at 20 a box
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The perspective good news is Wolf and I think Federal are going to make 5.7 ammo later this year. Fiocchi can't seem to keep up with demand. There is a high demand for PS90s and the USG seems to be selling pretty well. If the ammo makers come I think this thing has a chance to be about as popular as .357 SIG.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have an Individual Officer's Model version on the 5.7. It is a very neat gun. I don't think with current loadings that it is good enough for a defensive firearm. The ammo price is high right now, making it unsuitable for a plinker. However, it is the most fun handgun I have to shoot. In fact, I'm taking it out tomorrow to have some fun.

Why do you feel it is not good enough for defense?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

There are no loads that I'm aware of that meet the minimum 12" penetration standard.

I'd love to be able to use them for defense, but I can't bring myself to do it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are no loads that I'm aware of that meet the minimum 12" penetration standard.

Then why would anyone want to buy the PS90?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who was the first major arms maker to bring out a post ban rifle? FN

Not only that, not every gun has to be a tool. You can purchase weapons for fun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who was the first major arms maker to bring out a post ban rifle? FN

Not only that, not every gun has to be a tool. You can purchase weapons for fun.

Not trying to start a fight here.

I've been doing a lot of research on the Five-seveN and plan on buying one.
I do believe that the rounds available to civilians (ss195) are capable of doing massive internal damage and at QCB distances are capable of penetrating body armor. These rounds are tumblers and wound cavities from them have been compared to xm193.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've been doing a lot of research on the Five-seveN and plan on buying one.
I do believe that the rounds available to civilians (ss195) are capable of doing massive internal damage and at QCB distances are capable of penetrating body armor. These rounds are tumblers and wound cavities from them have been compared to xm193.

It will tumble. It will not penetrate 12". If you're comfortable with that, more power to you. I am not.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#12]

I remember Smallarms Review doing the write-up on these two items when they first came out years ago.  I recall the 5.7 was a pretty flat shooter out of the handgun... with barely any drop over distence.

If nothing else... I think it would be cool ro make a SBR out of the PS90... since you can't have a P90, a SBR PS90 will do just fine.

~nb
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I will say it

I dont need 12 inches!      ( in the Cold winter yes I could see it)

but 9/10inches would be NICE !!

I know they have H.P. and FMJ for 5.7

I would like a Soft point!

No recoil  Flat shooting! Sounds pretty good  now we need Hornady to make US  a bullet for max pen.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#14]
The P90 I played with at the shop was COOL! is the barrel 16 inches? It has a Flash Hider so I was thinking it might be shorter barrel than 16 ??

It would make a cool combo?

does the P90/5.7 make the 12inch min?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I have the Fn Five Seven USG. Ive had this gun since december of 05. Ive put over a 1000 rounds through it and have had zero problems at all. I shoot SS192 and SS195 and it shoots flat.

This gun is by far my favorite out of the three i have. I also have a FN FNP9 in 9mm and a HK USPc in .45acp.

This gun is incredibly light for a 20 round magazine and CMMG is releasing mag extensions for this gun.

Recoil is similiar to .22 or 22 mag. I currently use this as my primary self defense gun both for my CHL and at home.

www.fivesevenforum.com is a good place to get info on this weapon and other 5.7x28mm systems.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#16]
As soon as I get my check that will be coming ?

I will buy the pistol 5.7

The 12inch penetration really dont bother me! Im not a LEO and most Crack Heads/Bad guys arent that Heavy plus its Hot in South FL. so no heavy coats to worry about! I dought I will be shooting threw Glass etc!

I wonder how much penetration it did in JELLO Test? if its close to 10 inches I will be okay!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have the Fn Five Seven USG. Ive had this gun since december of 05. Ive put over a 1000 rounds through it and have had zero problems at all. I shoot SS192 and SS195 and it shoots flat.

This gun is by far my favorite out of the three i have. I also have a FN FNP9 in 9mm and a HK USPc in .45acp.

This gun is incredibly light for a 20 round magazine and CMMG is releasing mag extensions for this gun.

Recoil is similiar to .22 or 22 mag. I currently use this as my primary self defense gun both for my CHL and at home.

www.fivesevenforum.com is a good place to get info on this weapon and other 5.7x28mm systems.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=447856
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#18]
CMMG just released a 10 round extension for the already 20 round magazine for the five-seven.

Here is a video of the five seven going through 90 rounds in 3 mags.

Click here for video

CMMG's website is http://www.cmmginc.com
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I remember Smallarms Review doing the write-up on these two items when they first came out years ago.  I recall the 5.7 was a pretty flat shooter out of the handgun... with barely any drop over distence.

If nothing else... I think it would be cool ro make a SBR out of the PS90... since you can't have a P90, a SBR PS90 will do just fine.

hr

I know I should know this but.....................What is a SBR????? I have heard of people filling out a form 1 to turn their PS90 into a SBR PS90.....What does that mean?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#20]
short barrel rifle
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank You
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

How accurate are they?
any problems?
Can we reload them ?
I bet at 20 a box
I will say it

I dont need 12 inches! ( in the Cold winter yes I could see it)

No recoil Flat shooting! Sounds pretty good now we need Hornady to make US a bullet for max pen.

The 12inch penetration really dont bother me! Im not a LEO and most Crack Heads/Bad guys arent that Heavy plus its Hot in South FL. so no heavy coats to worry about! I dought I will be shooting threw Glass etc!

I wonder how much penetration it did in JELLO Test? if its close to 10 inches I will be okay!

My god...have you ever put together a coherent thought?  Is this how you do all your research?  I pity your friends and family.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How accurate are they?
any problems?
Can we reload them ?
I bet at 20 a box
I will say it

I dont need 12 inches! ( in the Cold winter yes I could see it)

No recoil Flat shooting! Sounds pretty good now we need Hornady to make US a bullet for max pen.

My god...have you ever put together a coherent thought?  Is this how you do all your research?  I pity your friends and family.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
You seems like a very nice person?

I try to be more of a jerK like yourself

You might try to help others rather than cutting down others to make yourself FEEL BETTER and or important
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Thank You

No problem I like help out fellow shooters!

unlike SINDERVHIT stupid replys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top