Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 5:39:46 PM EDT
Hey guys i just aquired a new handgun a Daewoo DP-51. So far its been pretty impresive, I paid 100 for it brand new. All i know is that its Korean and based on the Smith and Wesson 59 series. I would appriciate any comments if you guys know anything about these guns.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:09:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a DP-51C which is the compact.  It never had a failure of any kind.  Accuracy was average, nothing to write home about and not "match-type" but certainly as good as any and better than some.  It used 12 rd S&W mags as opposed to the full-size which uses the 15 rd S&W mag.  I liked the idea that it took S&W mags, and it makes so much sense NOT to reinvent the wheel when it comes to mags.  The tri-action was interesting, but I ended up really never using it other than messing around.

For $100 I'd have bought it, no doubt.  You did good on the price and they are good, solid guns.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#2]
i got one of these in trade about 10 yrs ago.  i don't recall ever having any problems with it. it went bang and was accurate enough for any defensive situation. i remember that it seemed to be very well made and well finished. $100 was an awesome deal. enjoy your pistol!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:12:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I just picked one up at a gun show. Havent shot it yet but looks to be verry well made. I liked the idea of using 30 round mags in it. you can tell I picked it up just for a fun gun and for arond the house. when I go shoot it I'll get back on here and tell you how it did. Mine  was used and cost me 250 out the door so you did very well !
Gator
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi  ya Keith we need to get together and do some shooting at webb of 75
I have alot of time on my hands!

Thanks for telling me about the place

Rich
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one in 9mm a couple months ago. It is a very accurate handgun. I have it sitting here in front of me as I write this. It is one of my favorite guns and I own alot of handguns. You will like how it shoots. I got one ten rnd and two 13 rnd mags with it. I've since bought two S&W 59 15 rnd mags. They work just fine, just don't fit flush.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#6]
When do you go ! I'll go shoot with you I have a pt145 and a smith 65-5 I need to try out now too.
Three guns and havent shot one yet! Thats sad!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]
wanna factory 10rd mag for one?? Mine was stolen 2 years ago and I never got another one. Free, you pay the shipping...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
yea i would like it let me know how much shipping
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#9]
hey man, I just sent you an email....didn't know what you were talking aabout.....please disreguard.....send me your address and I'll see. If its less then $10, its yours-my treat.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#10]
me tinks Daewoo makes everything in South Korea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top