Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 8:00:43 PM EDT

my new fn 5.7x28, now to find a use for it
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice. I have an interest in the same firearm. Let me know your thoughts on it, thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I found a use for mine.  I use it for CCW.  Since I don't have a problem concealing a full size auto, it is a breeze to conceal the Five-seveN.  Fully loaded with 20 rounds it only weighs 26 oz.  If you carry a spare mag you will then have 40 rounds of devistating (2,100 fps) firepower.  The rounds you have shown in your picture are really for target parctice or varmint hunting.  For CCW I would use the now hard to find SS192 (I am sitting on 800 rounds) or the identical SS195 (only difference is a lead free primer).  These are expensive rounds but if you are going to use it for CCW you don't need a lot.  When Fiocci comes out with their 5.7 rounds as they say they will the prices should go down.  Don't let people tell you the 5.7 round is just a glorified 22 mag.  They are nothing alike.  This is the perfect CCW round as it was designed to penetrate any type of clothing a bad guy would wear but will not over penetrate.  Don't let people tell you the round will not fragment or leave a big hole as this round was not designed to.  It was designed to yaw once it enters the body and do a tremendous amount to tissue damage by tearing.  The are literally hundreds of law enforcement agencies using the Five-seveN and it's mate the P90 world wide and in the USA.  There have been a few dozen shootings with this round and all of them except two have been on shot kills.  In three of the shootings the bad guys were wearing Level II body armor and center of mass shots took them down.  I highly doubt a 22 mag would perform the same.  The other two incidents took two rounds to put the bad guys down.  True this isn't a proven round like the 45ACP or 9mm but then again it hasn't been around for over 100 years like the other two.  I am sure after 100 years it will have a very impressive service record.  When my 5.7 is not on my side it resides in my night stand with a Streamlight M3X attached.

Well those are my thoughts, but then again they are just mine.  I am sure others will disagree.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the new purchase.  I have one of these as well, but haven't used it much as of yet.  I'm sure once the ammo is more reasonably priced, that will change.  In fact, now that some of the new production ammo has hit the market, the prices have already gotten considerably better.  I wouldn't doubt that this could easily become my carry piece, as the thought of carrying so many rounds, without much weight, definately is appealing.  Again, congrats, and happy shooting.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never fired one of those...how does it handle? Looks great. I'm jealous...lint is the only thing that followed me home in my pockets today.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
"OOOH!"
"AAAH!"

Very nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top