Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 6:26:53 PM EDT
Ive looked at one of these and liked it . Megar has mags for it . Any opinions on it VS Taurus 92
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one before I could afford a Sig.  I shot the crap out of it and it never failed once.  Kinda heavy, due to the steel frame.  The PT-92 (I still have one of those) is a lighter gun, but unless it's a compact, the A100 is smaller I think.  They're both pretty decent values.  Not much for resale, but I'd just pick the one that feels more comfortable in your hand.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:13:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had one before I could afford a Sig.  I shot the crap out of it and it never failed once.  Kinda heavy, due to the steel frame.  The PT-92 (I still have one of those) is a lighter gun, but unless it's a compact, the A100 is smaller I think.  They're both pretty decent values.  Not much for resale, but I'd just pick the one that feels more comfortable in your hand.

Thanks Ross that IS want I wanted to hear , so I'll have to agree I really did like the A100 just never "heard much about them . My little A 75 has never quit . Thanks RL
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My A75 started to fail to lock open, but since there weren't any mags availbable at the time I had no way of just trying another mag.  It was a .45.  I'd buy another A-75 in a heartbeat.  I had the A-100 in both .45 and 9mm, and they both worked fine.  Finnish and workmanship wasn't really up there with Sig, or even Taurus.  Once I started buying Sigs, there was little reason to keep the A-100s.  I'd have to give the Taurus the edge in accuracy, but it has a pretty big grip.

Like I said, pick which one you like better.  As long as you're getting a good price on either one, because resale is crap.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a A100.......... Miss it alot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top