Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2005 5:14:33 PM EDT
i just bought one and whoa!!!  am i impressed. the guy i bought it from parkerized it and put new wood grips on it, and with 2 magazines it came to $265. Awesome looking and feeling piece!!! A nice flat compact 9mm. from all i've read on them, they are a super reliable pistol with most any bullet types.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Star's are nice, I have an M40. I love it however just hope you don't break any parts cause they are pretty much non existent. I needed a safety detent for mine and could not get one anywhere, I ended using #7 1/2 lead shot (no I did not shoot it like that just to keep the safety from spinning in circles) until I found a ball bearing the same size. I wish someone would revive the company and get them going again, nice pistols.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had the firestar plus (13 rounds) since '94.  And yes, I think they're a great gun as well.  But the fear of finding replacement parts if ever neccessary is a real concern.  With that said, she doesn't see much duty these days, but has always been a good relaible shooter.  Congrats on your purchase.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Same with mine, I take it out every once and a while and put a couple mags through it, clean it up and back in storage it goes. I like it too much to run the risk of shooting it too much and breaking it and not being able to fix it. Shame someone wouldn't start making replacement parts at least, probably a pretty large market. Everyone I know has a Star and loves it, or has nothing but good things to say about them. I do not think I mentioned it in my previous post but congrats, you'll definitley enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the single stack 9MM Star.  It has been a very nice pistol.  Did Star go out of buisness or just loose their importer?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have the single stack 9MM Star.  It has been a very nice pistol.  Did Star go out of buisness or just loose their importer?

From what I understand they actually went out of business, they did a Spanish govt equivlant of a chapter 7 bankruptcy. Everything was liquidated, extra parts, molds, machine tools everything. I heard a rumor one time that Astra was former Star employees that started it, but again just a rumor. Interarms I think had extra parts at one time, but they were very limited and everything was bought up,

I think getting parts for the BM is possible, though I don't remember the company that had them. But the Firestar series, your shit out of luck. It's a shame they went under, maybe eventually they'll get it going again, I hope anyway. Supposedly just before they went under which was around 96-97 they were working on a polymer framed pistol that was gonna kick some major ass. I wish I could find one of their Firestar .45s those are very very nice. Their 1911 clones were well made as well, if you come across one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Their a great pistol But DON"T dryfire With out a snap cap. They will break firepin. Near impossible to fine. I had a 40 cal Firestar loved the pistol hated the cal. I,ll take another in 9 or 45 .
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
they are great pistols. parts are hard to find. i think sog has them for around $150
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the megastar .45 and once read a rumor that there was a extended length compensated barrell for it. anyone ever see or hear of such a thing for this pistol?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
There is an outfit, NUMRICH ARMS, which carry's many parts for many guns.  I hope that I spelled their name correct.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had several Stars over the years and they have all been exellent firearms.  My first semi-auto CCW was a Star PD in .45ACP (I currently have two PDs, but not my first one anymore ) and my wife carried a .380 Model S as her first purse-gun years ago (she still has it for sentimental reasons).  I used to have a 9mm "Ultrastar" (sold it to a friend) and still have a Model B and a Model BM in 9mm.  Heck, I even have one of their .22 rifles - don't see many of those around.

IMHO Stars have always been underrated and underappreciated - congratulations on your new pistol!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
IMHO Stars have always been underrated and underappreciated

Big +1
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an M40 that has been shot so much that the sear has worn down, and now the safety won't engage unless the hammer is pulled back slightly. Like everyone else I have been having problems finding parts. I did not want to fabricate parts for the sear as this may be a safety/liabilty issue.

I have ordered a sear set from IPAR in Spain. Shipping is just as much as the part, but I love my Star and want only the best for it.

www.iparguns.com/ING/INDEX.HTM

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the link on the parts, I'm definitley going to order as much as I can for my M40. I love that damn thing, would make an excellent CCW if I can get some spare parts, so I would actually shoot the damn thing.

ETA:"I have ordered a sear set from IPAR in Spain. Shipping is just as much as the part, but I love my Star and want only the best for it."

Hell, that's our only option There is absolutely noone that I could find anywhere had any form of a spare part for an M40.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top