Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2002 2:09:37 AM EDT
I have one of the STAR UltraStars and it really is one fantastic pistol. It's a single stack 9mm, 9 + 1 configuration, DA/SA with the safety also working as a decocker. It's a poly frame with metal inserts, and very small, slightly smaller than the SiG 225.

Here's my 225 (top) and my UltraStar.

So why do I think it might be the best 9mm out there?

For one thing, the trigger reset is very short. The grip is large enough to really control the pistol and double or triple taps are a breeze. The slide rides inside the frame instead of over it. Take down is by pushing out a pin and lifting off the slide. Simple and effective. The accuracy is as good, maybe even better than with my 225. Since the slide ride withing the frame, play seems to be almost non existent.

The best thing about them is that you can usually find one for about $200.00, NIB.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Very nice, how many rounds through the STAR so far and what about replacement parts/upgrades?

Can't rightly say much about upgrades. Not too sure what that would be. Parts are still available and for what normal repair parts for most other pistols cost, you could just buy another one. Or two.

I haven't kept records but I've been beating on it for about three years now. I'd have to guess that it's well over 3K so far. It goes out with me on just about every trip to the range unless I'm really out for fun. Then it's usually an all wheelgun trip.

So far there have been no FTF's or FTE's and it's eaten everything I've feed it from WallyWord White Box to S&B. It does seem to like Gold Dots the best, CorBon next.

Everybody that has shot it has been impressed including SiG, Croation Sensation and SiG shooters. Them shooting 1911s and HiPowers can't shoot it without a couple weeks of deprograming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top