Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2013 12:37:09 PM EDT
Never heard of this Canik stingray about a month ago so I figured I would try one out. I have been holding my breath for a CZ PO2 for a couple of years with no real opportunity for one.  I have even had a few Compact 40's and got a 9mm conversion barrel to make my own PO2.  That didn't work very well.  

So when I started looking at the Canik I saw my perfect range gun in the Stingray.  A full size grip with a barrel that is shorter than a full size.  I already have a CZ semi compact but I have always wanted the weight of the light rail on a range toy.  I was on the fence about the hard chrome version, but black was the only pistol available and money was burning a hole in my pocket.    

So far, I love the trigger pull.  Out of the box, the single action is actually better than any of the approximately 8 CZ's I have owned.  The double action is strange to describe.  It is like nothing I have ever felt.  It starts out rather heavy but releases suddenly smooth.  Hard to describe.  The finish is great.  I don't care for the loaded chamber indicator, but once I get rid of the white lettering it shouldn't be noticable.  The grips have got to go.  They are thin without palm swells like CZ grips, but these are slippery.  I've got some VZ grips on the way.  I've never seen coiled springs with the ends welded.  My CZ semi compact had a spring just like this and never had a problem.  The 16 round mecgar mags I already have all fit fine.

I've got about 450 rounds through it this week and it seem to work great.  I've tried a mix of  90 and 124 grain Winchester FMJ.  Ranger 147 grain and Golder Saber 124 grain.  The 124 gr Remington ammo seems the most accurate.  Not sure if this will unseat my CZ semi compact as my favorite but it is getting close.  David

Link Posted: 1/7/2013 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Got some VZ grips today.  Nice difference.  David

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking gun IMHO! I was on the fence about one of those and almost went with it but ended up getting a rock island map1 full size for range fun.  Sounds like a great shooter. Might add one to my collection some day. Congrats!
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been looking to get a full size 9mm to replace the XD9 I sold a couple months ago. Loved the XD, but decided I wanted to do something different. I have never had a handgun with a hammer before, so I want one. Have been looking at CZs, EAA, older S&W, etc. Today I stumbled across the Canik guns on Bud's website. I think I am in love. Your stingray looks great!!! I am 80% set on ordering the Canik Shark FC ported 9mm for $449 shipped from Buds. Its like CZ meets baby desert eagle. I borrowed this pic from the CZUSA forum, I hope the guy doesn't mind. This thing's "like a boss". The one concern I have, is finding a holster. I would love to be able to carry this thing under a heavy jacket from time to time in the winter.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I say go for it.  There is some more info on them over in the cz forum   David
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 7:17:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I love my Tristar imported Canick-55 (C-100) and put some pics up under our CZ section...awesome trigger IMHO..

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_37/127207_tristar_c100_cz75_compact_copy_.html
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I think that will be my next purchase.  I have been wanting a CZ compact for years and these Turkish guns seem to have a much nicer machining.  Now if I can only find a hard chrome one.    David
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top