Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2011 7:34:02 AM EDT
I bought a Star BM for $200 at the LGS.  I finally got to the range with it and a few other things and it choked.  The gun would frequently fail to fully extract, the case being stuck half-way out the chamber.  OK, I didn't clean it at all, I had just grabbed it on the way out as an afterthought to try out with the Sig P6.  The P6 worked wonderfully BTW.  Anyway, I was shooting Win whitebox.  So I took it home and cleaned it up.  The chamber itself was kinda cruddy.  It cleaned up well, and along with the rest of the gun, I payed close attention to the extractor as well.  I took it back to the range today and shot PMC out of it.  It ran like a top, and was one of the most accurate 9mm's I've owned.  The 1911-style SA trigger was a tad on the heavy side, but very crisp and the sights are very nice on the gun and easy to see.  I mean I was impressed with the little gun.  

I've bought guns for alot more money that this BM that didn't shoot anywhere near as well.  It came with two factory mags, and I ran them both with no trouble whatsoever.  I really like this thing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a Star BM for $200 at the LGS.  I finally got to the range with it and a few other things and it choked.  The gun would frequently fail to fully extract, the case being stuck half-way out the chamber.  OK, I didn't clean it at all, I had just grabbed it on the way out as an afterthought to try out with the Sig P6.  The P6 worked wonderfully BTW.  Anyway, I was shooting Win whitebox.  So I took it home and cleaned it up.  The chamber itself was kinda cruddy.  It cleaned up well, and along with the rest of the gun, I payed close attention to the extractor as well.  I took it back to the range today and shot PMC out of it.  It ran like a top, and was one of the most accurate 9mm's I've owned.  The 1911-style SA trigger was a tad on the heavy side, but very crisp and the sights are very nice on the gun and easy to see.  I mean I was impressed with the little gun.  

I've bought guns for alot more money that this BM that didn't shoot anywhere near as well.  It came with two factory mags, and I ran them both with no trouble whatsoever.  I really like this thing.

Insure that your firing pin is really inertial and use snap caps to dry fire.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Change the springs.  Ihave 3 of them. Great guns. I have two surplus Police models from 1976 and 1977. I recently  got one  LNIB  appeared unfired .JET71.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top