Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 7:29:17 PM EDT
Have a Star 9mm, I think a model B.

Mag safety, easy take down?

Anyway, it refuses to fully extract and eject. The case is just short of coming out of the chamber

and is sitting on top of the next round. The extractor appears to have lost it's grip at this point

and leaves the case sitting there. Any ideas as where the problem might be? Checked the extractor,

there is no dirt under it and the spring seems good (does the Star have weak extractor springs??)

Gun is in about 98% condition, I like it, if it would only work. I would like to make it work properly,

a single shot semi-auto is not very practical.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Have a Star 9mm, I think a model B.
Mag safety, easy take down?

Anyway, it refuses to fully extract and eject. The case is just short of coming out of the chamber
and is sitting on top of the next round. The extractor appears to have lost it's grip at this point
and leaves the case sitting there. Any ideas as where the problem might be? Checked the extractor,
there is no dirt under it and the spring seems good (does the Star have weak extractor springs??)

Gun is in about 98% condition, I like it, if it would only work. I would like to make it work properly,
a single shot semi-auto is not very practical.

Better make sure it's a B and not an A.

Link to your new favorite site.

That sight has a LOT of info on Stars.    I have a Model B myself and it runs well, even as bad as I abuse it.  If it's the B, and not extracting my first guess would be extractor spring.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Weak recoil spring may also be the culprit.
Wolff Gunspring offers replacements.

You also don't mention what kind of ammunition you are using.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
CCI lawman, some lead handloads & WW White box.

After looking at the Star site, I'm not sure what I got. The gun looks nothing like any shown.

the safety has a "curved" milled groove and for take down, there is the same milled curved groove

at the rear of the slide. Its stamped Star 9mm and has a very light "Interarms" stamping on the other side.

cameras dead or I would post pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top