Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2002 8:25:34 PM EDT
I own two models, MK9 and K40 - the latter just obtained in the last one month.

Both firearms have had the screws in the grips loosen and I have had a screw fall out while shooting,  which is not a good thing!!

The tech. folks at Kahr have recommended Loctite (blue).  anybody have a similiar problem and if so what was your solution?

Dennis
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, first I've heard of that.  I shoot my K9 a lot and with +P and +P+ loads and haven't had the screws loosen so far, although I do remove and replace the grips with each cleaning, so maybe I'm putting a screw driver to mine more often, don't know.
Are you using the hogue rubber grips or wood replacements?
A couple of solutions, besides loctite blue to consider.  Simple clear nail polish on the threads or replace with a set of hex head SS screws, I think they're available from Brownell's.
Have you mic'd or used a screw thread and pitch guide to check yours?  How about on the threaded holes of the grip frame?

Edited to add -
A check of the Kahr catalog shows replacement grip screws to $1.00 each, for a price comparison.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]

FYI: Contacted Brownell's, spoke to my gunsmith, and previously had contacted Kahr's tech folks - all three recommended Loctite (blue) for loose screws
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top