Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 9/10/2009 12:38:39 PM EDT
I searched and didn't find anything. Can the PM9 really be pocket carried? I have a KelTec P3AT and would like a 9mm for pocket if it's possible.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. Almost, but not quite too big. I really like to carry that way when its a t shirt and shorts day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I do it on ocassion.  Make sure it's in a decent pocket holster.  It will fit in most pants pockets.  It will look like there are three blackberries taped together in your pocket, but at least you got your gun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I do it on ocassion.  Make sure it's in a decent pocket holster.  It will fit in most pants pockets.  It will look like there are three blackberries taped together in your pocket, but at least you got your gun.

I like my DeSantis for my P3AT...what is a good one for the PM9?
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Andrews custom leather

http://www.andrewsleather.com/
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
...and I always have mine in a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Check this:
http://www.desantisholster.com/storefrontB2CWEB/itemdetail.do?action=prepare_detail&itm_id=1847&itm_index=0

I use this daily. It has a removable flap/cover for a little extra disguising when needed otherwise it is just like a super sticky Nemesis without it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Check this:
http://www.desantisholster.com/storefrontB2CWEB/itemdetail.do?action=prepare_detail&itm_id=1847&itm_index=0

I use this daily. It has a removable flap/cover for a little extra disguising when needed otherwise it is just like a super sticky Nemesis without it.

That looks pretty good! Now I gotta figure out how to get me a PM9.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check this:

That looks pretty good! Now I gotta figure out how to get me a PM9.

There are quite a few on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 4:37:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Not a suggestion but one I would not reccomend. The Unkle Mikes pocket holster. I got one with the PM9 I recently purchase from a member one here. Great gun but the holster does NOT stay in the pocket when drawing. It has a band of rubberized fabric around it but it doesn't hold at all. It also adds a bit to the girth of the pistol and as such I am looking for something else.  The PM9 is easily carried in cargo pants but unless you are a "big" guy, it is a little hard to pocket carry in jean pockets. There is a HUGE difference in the ability to pocket carry the PM9 and my Kel-Tec P32.  
WW
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:56:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not a suggestion but one I would not reccomend. The Unkle Mikes pocket holster. I got one with the PM9 I recently purchase from a member one here. Great gun but the holster does NOT stay in the pocket when drawing. It has a band of rubberized fabric around it but it doesn't hold at all. It also adds a bit to the girth of the pistol and as such I am looking for something else.  The PM9 is easily carried in cargo pants but unless you are a "big" guy, it is a little hard to pocket carry in jean pockets. There is a HUGE difference in the ability to pocket carry the PM9 and my Kel-Tec P32.  
WW

as is there also a HUGH differenc ein a 32 cal vs a 9mm.  I weight 170# and have been carrying my pM9 in a desantis nemesis in my jeans for over 3 years. We think it prints because we know we are carrying, noe one is looking there.  My pM9 is certainly not a fast draw from my front pocket buyt I have it at alltimes, that counts for something. BG also doesnt know your carrying either...
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#11]
My pM9 is certainly not a fast draw from my front pocket buyt I have it at alltimes, that counts for something.

Yes, this is why I want one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#12]
porsche: "as is there also a HUGH differenc ein a 32 cal vs a 9mm. "

My reply was not to get into a discussion on effectiveness of the round. I was only stating a difference in the ability of concealment.  
My P32 is my back-up to my main carry. I personally am not a fan of 9mm and 99% of the time my main carry is a .45. I carried an Colt Officers Model for nearly 30 years until recently getting a PM45. I also recently picked up a PM9 to try for those occasions where it was harder to dress for the PM45. I am finding that the two are so close in size that I ended up staying with the PM45.

WW
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Not for me, juat a little too big. I just tuck it in my waist band in the front and it disappears. I don't wear baggy clothes, more towards fitted and you can't see it. In my pocket though you notice the buldge.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 3:51:51 AM EDT
[#14]
the PM9 will pocket carry wity ease.  I ride a harley most allthe time and in jeans it rides in my front pocket with ease. In a desantis it  just looks like a PDA in there or what ever. We think it prints because we know what  is actually is in there but no one is really lookijng and no one is suspecting a gun either. I think anything smaller than thePM9 in a 9mm would be a handfull.  i.e. Rohrbaugh comes tomind, nice gun, just IMO not one that you will take to the range and shoot alot.

Next timey our out in a wal-mart or mall area, just rry to look at people walking, first of all with movement,you can't even focus correctly on their pants pockets, next you don't have a clue as to what is in there.  In my state and staes around me, I can legally carry with  my permit,so i really don't even worry about it at all.  No doubt a PM9 in ur front jeans pocket is not fast draw area either, but IMO u don't have to dress to carry a PM9
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#15]
The rear site has eaten up a couple of my pockets.  Great little gun...just wish I could find kevlar pockets...
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#16]
As much as I like my PM9, I cannot recommend it for pocket carry.  Every once in a while I will throw it in a Desantis pocket holster in the front pocket of my shorts during the summer for a quick trip to the store.  But, it always feels like I have a brick in there.  It absolutely will not fit in my jeans pockets.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As much as I like my PM9, I cannot recommend it for pocket carry.  Every once in a while I will throw it in a Desantis pocket holster in the front pocket of my shorts during the summer for a quick trip to the store.  But, it always feels like I have a brick in there.  It absolutely will not fit in my jeans pockets.

Mine does with ease..
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:03:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine does with ease..

+1 I have had no problems with it in my front pocket. I wear standard style jeans most of the time (no tight jean) but it most definately fits best in a pair of cargo pants.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine does with ease..

+1 I have had no problems with it in my front pocket. I wear standard style jeans most of the time (no tight jean) but it most definately fits best in a pair of cargo pants.

no doubt, the looser the jeans pocket the better one can draw it out.  I would hate to have to  draw my PM9 or even my P380 out of my jeans pocket.they fit tight. It is not afast draw area unless you have something like carge jeans on, which I never wear, but I feel I have the  elimite of suprise.  I hope...
I won't dress to carry either. Pure B. S. for me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Andrews custom leather

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

+1 on that. I wasn't very successful pocket carrying the PM9 with the Nemesis or the Uncle Mikes I tried previously. After I got the Andrews holster I can pocket carry it in cargo shorts or jeans. It's bulkier than the LCP in a Nemesis, but it's workable and no one notices.

Link Posted: 9/23/2009 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#21]
The Fist pocket holster is the best for the PM9, IMHO.  A thin, flexible belt works well with pocket carry.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I pocket carry a PM45.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#23]
tag

eta:  Anyone know if they make a smart carry for these yet?
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#24]
How does pocket carrying the PM series compare to pocket carrying a J frame??  I have a S&W 642 and a CW40 and thinking about selling off/trading for a PM40.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, I went to my local guy today.

I'm getting sick of doing business with him.  I've spent untold thousands of dollars in that place, even though they don't have shit for EBR stuff.  I usually already know where to find stuff cheaper on the net, but I have this dillusional fantasy from days of yore when I didn't live in a shithole town and I was actually motivated to support my local shop even when it is a bit higher just because its fun and sometimes convenient just to go to the fun store.

Long story short, fucker wanted $865.00 for a PM9 with factory night sights.  Knowing that this was at least $200 over market-value (which includes a fair profit margin in return for his services), but feeling in a generous mood, I offered him $800.00.  He countered with $840.00 if I would pay cash.

Stupid fucker.  I've bought so many fucking guns from that genius it isn't even funny.  Hell just last week I bought a Surefire X300 in there for $100 over what it is worth just because I felt like it had been too long since I threw them a bone (a couple of weeks maybe) and I also didn't feel like waiting for shipping.  I want to support the local shop but what the fuck.

I should have stopped going in that fucking place the last time he charged me $100.00 for a transfer.  I just always figured him for a dumbass who is completely out of touch with the way things work in the real market.

I'm done with that dipshit.  I spend probably 1K bucks a month on gun stuff.  Due to the outrageous prices and lack of selection I've limited that shop to about 10% of that total.  I'm not going to give him any business anymore!  Too bad this crappy town only has one real gun store.  

Douche-bag probably is going to lose at least 10K+ over the next three or four years over sixty fucking dollars.  His loss!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Please don't take this wrong but I think he feels you are the sucker. If you are willing to pay his high prices you can't really fault him for taking your money. I learned a long time ago....if a place is that rediculously high priced I may go in to look but I do not purchase from them. How the heck does he stay in business charging such high prices? He definitly seems totally out of touch with reality. Charging $100 for a transfer is totally rediculous!!! The most I have ever had to pay is $25 and I think that is the "norm". Can't you find someone else in the area with an FFL to do any transfers? There is a lot of competition on line these days and if you can get rid of the "gotta have it now" mindset, you can find things for very good prices. There is a PM9 with night sights on GunsAmerica right now for $649+20 for shipping. Add in a $25 transfer and you are still under $700 for a new PM9. Your "friendly" local guy is asking exactly MSRP. I didn't think anyone gets MSRP these days. Heck even my local GM doesn't sell for MSRP.
Good luck.
PS. Didn't mean to be hard on you for trying to help out the local guy but there comes a point when greed will eventually be his downfall.
WW
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:54:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm getting sick of doing business with him.  I've spent untold thousands of dollars in that place, even though they don't have shit for EBR stuff.  I usually already know where to find stuff cheaper on the net, but I have this dillusional fantasy from days of yore when I didn't live in a shithole town and I was actually motivated to support my local shop even when it is a bit higher just because its fun and sometimes convenient just to go to the fun store.

Long story short, fucker wanted $865.00 for a PM9 with factory night sights.  Knowing that this was at least $200 over market-value (which includes a fair profit margin in return for his services), but feeling in a generous mood, I offered him $800.00.  He countered with $840.00 if I would pay cash.

Stupid fucker.  I've bought so many fucking guns from that genius it isn't even funny.  Hell just last week I bought a Surefire X300 in there for $100 over what it is worth just because I felt like it had been too long since I threw them a bone (a couple of weeks maybe) and I also didn't feel like waiting for shipping.  I want to support the local shop but what the fuck.

I should have stopped going in that fucking place the last time he charged me $100.00 for a transfer.  I just always figured him for a dumbass who is completely out of touch with the way things work in the real market.

I'm done with that dipshit.  I spend probably 1K bucks a month on gun stuff.  Due to the outrageous prices and lack of selection I've limited that shop to about 10% of that total.  I'm not going to give him any business anymore!  Too bad this crappy town only has one real gun store.  

Douche-bag probably is going to lose at least 10K+ over the next three or four years over sixty fucking dollars.  His loss!!

other than your terrible language, I would not step within 5 miles of that dealers.  You should have bailed along time ago.  What you just told this forum is exactly what you should be tellinghim and in the same wording. He deserves that language, not us...

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

other than your terrible language, I would not step within 5 miles of that dealers.  You should have bailed along time ago.  What you just told this forum is exactly what you should be tellinghim and in the same wording. He deserves that language, not us...

At some point you have to step away from dealers like that. We have a few around here that don't do much in terms of customer service. You'll ask them for something specific and they'll refuse to order it or make up some BS story to try and sell you a gun/part/accessory that's on the shelf and is nowhere near what you wanted. Just yesterday my buddy and I went down to look for Trijicon AccuPoints (TR24 1-4x). Trying to give them some business I asked if he could check price/availability to which I was told I'd be better off just getting it off the internet as he proceeded to try to talk me into a "quality" $200 Bushnell redot knowing that three of my rifles wear Aimpoints (M4, T1, T1). I just chuckled and said I'd check the internet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Yes, the PM9 can really be pocket carried.

I carry a PM40 almost everyday.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Sorry for the thread hijack guys...I didn't mean to go on a tirade.

PM9 is a nice pistol.  Not worth $900 bucks though
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

... Not worth $900 bucks though

Why pay ANYONE the full MSRP on anything that can EASILY be bought elsewhere for FAAAAAAAAAAAR less $$$$ ?

Your dealer is taking advantage of the unknowing, uneducated and those with more $$$$ than sense.

I would find a PM9 elsewhere, buy it, and then take it in and show it to him. Make sure you brag about how much money you saved by going elsewhere.

Link Posted: 9/29/2009 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I had the same situation with a local gun dealer.  Ended up buying $1000's in guns elsewhere.  Their loss.
Link Posted: 10/3/2009 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#33]
I pocket carry my PM9 regularly.

I will admit that I have gotten handy with sewing machines becuase of this gun.  I just make the pockets bigger.  I figure its better than buying all new pants, or a different gun.

If you really want I can show you how I do it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#34]
I found the Duluth Firehose Pants have 12" deep pockets.  I've used DeSantis and Mika pocket holsters for my S&W 642, Kahr PM9, Ruger SP101 2", Kimber UCII.  Never worry about exposure or other mishaps.  It's always with me since it's so easy to carry.  I'm 6'0 and 220lbs.  OH, forgot to mention –– I carry in the regular front pocket, not the cargo pocket.  The front pocket keeps it closer, so the heavier pistols dont swing.......
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I carry a PM40 all the time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I will admit that I have gotten handy with sewing machines becuase of this gun.  I just make the pockets bigger.  I figure its better than buying all new pants, or a different gun.

OOOHHHH!!!  Please fill us in!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Great idea. My M.I.L. is a "Suzie Homemaker", she already cuts my shirts the right length for C.C.
Link Posted: 10/16/2009 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So is this something anyone with some basic sewing skills can do, or do you do anything in particular to make the pocket better for the application?
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#39]
sure glad your not pissed at that gun shop
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Carry mine pocket in the spring and summer:

Hedley pocket holster

Hope Hedley still makes these fine leather holsters.

Love mine
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
sure glad your not pissed at that gun shop

Link Posted: 10/18/2009 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://www.hedleyholsters.com/images/kahrmp92.jpg

Hedley pocket holster

Love mine

I think I read somewhere where Hedley passed on.  hope Iam wrong with that..
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#43]
I carry mine in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster in cargo shorts.  In jeans it fits but you cant draw it in less than 10 seconds and it's really too big for a jean pocket.  Unless you get "tactical" jeans with the bigger 12" deep pockets.
-Thomas
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#44]
I carry my PM9 in either a DeSantis Nemesis holster or a Galco pocket rig on occasion. The flat bottom 6 round mag works best for pocket carry. I use a 6 round mag with the Pearce extension when I am carrying the PM9 in my Don Hume IWB holster or my Mitch Rosen belt scabbard:

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://www.hedleyholsters.com/images/kahrmp92.jpg

Hedley pocket holster

Love mine

Nope RJ passed away a couple of months ago.   But his daughter was trained by him over the last couple of years.  She can still make his wonderfully designed holsters.. I have one for the Kahr and several for my Seecamps
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top