Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 2/14/2002 4:28:03 PM EDT
Okay, I didn't go to the S.H.O.T. Show this year, but a couple of my best friends did and they had my "shopping list" of manufacturers to visit.  One of course was Kahr Arms.  
So, I was looking through the info they brought back and guess what?  Kahr's coming out with a new model in the polymer frame guns.
A Model PM9.  9MM with a 3.08" barrel and a overall lenght of 5.3" and a height of 4.0", weight 15.9 ounces.
Now think about that a minute, that's smaller and lighter that a Walther PPK, but it a full 9MM.
From the photo it appears to have a redesigned slide stop...hmmm
Anybody see them at S.H.O.T.?  What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 1:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been waiting until a few of the bugs were worked out of the P series before I got one.  With the introduction of the PM9, I don't think I am going to wait any longer.  It is exactly what I have been looking for.

PM9

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member - www.nra.org
GOA Life Member - www.gunowners.org
SAF Supporter - www.saf.org
SAS Supporter - www.sas-aim.org

Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
USPC40-
This is an excerpt from an email I received from a member of the management team at Kahr Arms, after I contacted them and invited them to view the Kahr topic forum -

..."Thank you for leading us to
this site.
...We have cured the spring retention
problem at the slide stop lever by a screw, but we are still doing R&D
on a permanent cure.  I don't think the screw will be out of the
equation, though.  The mag well problem was possibly on only a certain
batch of the frames when they were manufactured, which I am under the
impression of that this particular problem has been solved.
Unfortunately, some people may own one of these particular guns.  I have
shot several P series guns and none of them portrayed this problem, so I
think the mag well situation is "isolated", at best.  The cure for that
would be to return the gun to the factory, and on that note I believe
the factory is doing some of the current updates on customer's guns when
they are returned for warranty work.
And, yes, we have changed the slide stop lever on the P series"...

I believe this shows that they are aware of the problems they are having with the guns in the field and are trying to correct those problems. This model shows a lot of potential as a deep concealment or back-up firearm.
And in addition, it looks a lot like a miniature version of the HK USPC 40 in your member id block!
Beachboy
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 1:31:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting that message.

I love that two-tone look.  You know as well as I do how hot it gets around here in the summer.  I have a hard time concealing my Compact USP without a jacket and you wont catch me wearing one in the summer.  So, this looks like the perfect concealable handgun for my situation.

By the way, do you know of any dealers in this area that carry Kahr firearms?

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member - www.nra.org
GOA Life Member - www.gunowners.org
SAF Supporter - www.saf.org
SAS Supporter - www.sas-aim.org

Link Posted: 2/25/2002 3:15:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen the P9 and the K9 in the past at Tom Hand's place, "The Gold Mine", in Daphne.  Other than that only at gun shows.  I have had Tom special order products for me at a reasonable fee.

Edited to add link to Gold Mine /dba as Three Balls, Inc.
www.thethreeballs.com/
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top